Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can anyone recommend a good pair of gloves?

• 12-05-2011 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭

I just bought Alpinestars WR3 Gore Tex gloves (all weather) but after a few seconds on the bike realised I hate them. I can barely feel the controls. Can anyone recommend a pair with a lot more feeling than the ones I bought? At this stage I'd feel safer riding without any gloves than those ones I bought.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I just bought Alpinestars WR3 Gore Tex gloves (all weather) but after a few seconds on the bike realised I hate them. I can barely feel the controls. Can anyone recommend a pair with a lot more feeling than the ones I bought? At this stage I'd feel safer riding without any gloves than those ones I bought.
    What were you using before them?
    Did you do many miles with them? I had that sort of feeling with my current pair at first but got used to them after a while and they're great.

Edit: I see your new to bikes, assume this is your first pair of bike gloves so. Keep using them for a week and see how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Rosahane

It's hard to beat Alpinestars gloves. Thickness is always a trade off against warmness. If you have heated grips you can go for a slightly thinner pair. However, as Agilemyth said you will get used to the thick ones in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

My bf broke a tiny bone in his wrist from a bike accident recently, hes gona go for these...

42770aa1de64ddfe6105cdd213adfa9d_XL.jpg

^thats not me btw ;)

anyway, think its better to be safe, better protection, better chance of staying intact.

12 weeks in a cast, possibly more, not fun! over a teeny tiny bone!

http://www.knox-lab.com/hand-armour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Would those hand armour gloves prevent the injury your boyfriend got? To me it looks like you would need armour in the palm of your hand to deflect energy away from your wrist, the knox ones don't look to have that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

maameeo wrote: »

What gloves:confused:;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Would those hand armour gloves prevent the injury your boyfriend got? To me it looks like you would need armour in the palm of your hand to deflect energy away from your wrist, the knox ones don't look to have that?

hard to tell but hes pretty sure they would have.

its a small bone that works your thumb so its nearer the wrist. everyday bike gloves havnt much wrist protection, the knox ones do.

its mad though, the glove on his opposite hand was ripped open but he didnt damage any bones.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

maameeo wrote: »
    My bf broke a tiny bone in his wrist from a bike accident recently, hes gona go for these...

^thats not me btw ;)

[/url]

I like that, glove isn't too bad either...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

the knox zero gloves might be worth a look

same scaphoid protection as the handroids above, but in an all-weather package

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Broke that exact bone in January. Next to impossible to protect properly. Any thing at the wrist will help.

Wossack wrote: »
    the knox zero gloves might be worth a look

same scaphoid protection as the handroids above, but in an all-weather package

I have both! The zero gloves are good alright, but I prefer the handroids.

• Advertisement

I have both! The zero gloves are good alright, but I prefer the handroids.

Why so? Is the protection the same in both? Are either warm/waterproof enough for Ireland?

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Why so? Is the protection the same in both? Are either warm/waterproof enough for Ireland?

I find the handroid more comfortable, except for rain or cold weather :D The zero gloves are fairly bulky like most winter gloves.

I find the handroid more comfortable, except for rain or cold weather :D The zero gloves are fairly bulky like most winter gloves.

good to hear, thanks - really hate bulky gloves

I was on the brink of buying them a couple of times in the last couple of months, but always managed to make do with my summer ones :)

really liked the alpinestars 365 gloves when I tried em on, but a couple of negative reviews on their lastability has put me right off :(

Wossack wrote: »
    good to hear, thanks - really hate bulky gloves

I was on the brink of buying them a couple of times in the last couple of months, but always managed to make do with my summer ones :)

really liked the alpinestars 365 gloves when I tried em on, but a couple of negative reviews on their lastability has put me right off :(

The handroids are the most comfortable gloves I've ever owned but they are not waterproof and in the winter your hands will suffer! Fantastic this time of year though.
    The zeros are very good winter gloves. Not goretex but they didn't leave a drop of water in during last winter and they are good at keeping your hands relatively warm in freezing weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Irish Slaves for Europe

I ended up exchanging the gloves for Dainese Hellfire EVO Gloves. I loved them as soon as I put them on, really good feeling and dexterity and very comfortable as well.

Anywhere in Dublin stock the Knox gloves? Wanna try em on before I spend that much on gloves.

according to their website, megabikes do knox gloves

link

Advertisement