Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rough estimate on waiting times for bike test?

• 12-05-2011 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

So after I do my IBT anyone have any idea what the waiting time for a test is once I apply?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

slinky2000 wrote: »
    So after I do my IBT anyone have any idea what the waiting time for a test is once I apply?

Thanks
    It'll vary from place to place. I was waiting about 6 weeks in Sligo last year.

I assume you're aware you need to hold the permit for at least 6 months before you can sit the test?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

About 8 weeks for Fingal. I applied early April, and test early June.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

I was waiting 2 months before I got the 4 weeks notice to my test date. So I was waiting a total of 3 months to sit the test in Dungarvan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭HellsAngel

If you can get a letter from some business, say a pizza delivery shop or couriers or any sort of company, to say you need to sit the test ASAP as it's for your work, they will speed up the test time. Give the test center a ring and they can give you the details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

About 6-7 months in Tallagh from applying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I was waiting 2 months before I got the 4 weeks notice to my test date. So I was waiting a total of 3 months to sit the test in Dungarvan.

I did my test in Dungarvan too. It was the same for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

have a look here, dont know how accurate it is, but thye do say they update it every week...

http://www.rsa.ie/RSA/Learner-Drivers/The-Driving-Test/Test-Waiting-Times/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,623 ✭✭✭prunudo

eurofoxy wrote: »
    have a look here, dont know how accurate it is, but thye do say they update it every week...

http://www.rsa.ie/RSA/Learner-Drivers/The-Driving-Test/Test-Waiting-Times/

That's what I did when I applied but after 12 weeks I rang rsa to see what the delay was and I was told those waiting times relate to car tests.
    I ended up getting a date about 5 months in total. For Tallaght btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Sound lads, I'll be applying for limerick, by the sounds of it I need to wait the 6 months after my IBT anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

slinky2000 wrote: »
    Sound lads, I'll be applying for limerick, by the sounds of it I need to wait the 6 months after my IBT anyway.

You need to wait 6 months to sit the test after getting a Learners Permit. But you can apply whenever you want and block out till the 6 months are up. If you are lucky with the booking you may be able to sit the test 6 months +1 day after you're issued your Permit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement