Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

William Gallas

Options
  • 12-05-2011 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

Hey guys thought this needed to be pointed out he's been fantastic for us and as well as that his attitude has been great. I was delighted when he signed a new contract and was even happier when he came out and said that we couldn't look at this season as successful because it hasn't been we've been dreadful in the league but played well in Europe. This is exactly the kind of attitude we need round the club talking to the youngsters and other players.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

In fairness, he has had a good season, still shocked though that Levy gave him 2 years at his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Yep, he has had a great season. A lot of retarded juvenile crap on here when he joined first, because he happened to play for another club before coming to spurs ( pro footballer plays for more than one club in his career, who knew?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

he has been asked to play too many games though and is carrying knocks for quite a while. i think he is good for 2 more years, he has pace and fitness naturally but 25 games a season max

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

mickman wrote: »
    he has been asked to play too many games though and is carrying knocks for quite a while. i think he is good for 2 more years, he has pace and fitness naturally but 25 games a season max

This exactly. He has been used far too often - Bassong has been available but seems to be the type of player who needs a run of games before they put in a good performance - not ideal for a back-up defender. Hopefully we can bring in a new CB and have Kaboul and Gallas as the back-ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Yep, he has had a great season. A lot of retarded juvenile crap on here when he joined first, because he happened to play for another club before coming to spurs ( pro footballer plays for more than one club in his career, who knew?).

I was one of the retarded juveniles when his signed for Spurs

Happy to admit that he won me over during the course of the season

I must rememebr not to get too excited either way about players coming and going. Its just a job to them at the end of the day and they don't give a toss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Yea delighted at Gallas' performances for us. Turned out to be a great signing. I was sceptical when he signed, but it really did turn out to be a great signing for us. Happy he got a new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I dunno if I share the same joy as you guys on the new contract. Nothing against the guy but he's not exactly what we should be building our defense around for years to come.

Hopefully Harry's just planning to use him as back up etc.

I'd say this definitly spells the end of King and/or Woodgate.
    Surely we're not going to keep all 3 'past their prime' players on the books for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I wasn't gone on him at the start but have to say he had a great season,we would have have been in serious trouble at the back without him with all the injuries we had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭van der vart

done us proud, goal line clearance kept us in CL. I still rate him.As for King, played the full 90 mins during the week( reserves ) some contribution. get rid and Woodgate

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

As above lads. He put in a good shift but should only be used as cover next season.
    Dawson/Kaboul for me at CB.
    Assou Ekotto is my club player of the season.
    He is different class.
    I hope we don't get the same level of injuries next year and get a bit of luck as well!
    I think the later was missing against Utd, Arse and City at home.
    A new Keeper would be good too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement