Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East facing window boxes?

Options
  • 12-05-2011 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi guys,

As the title suggests I have two east facing window boxes that I want to plant up for summer. The previously had daffodils. A lot of thing I tried last year didn't fare too great so i'm wondering if anybody can suggest some flowers /plants that would hopefully flourish?

Thanks in advance

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

MardiB wrote: »
    Hi guys,

As the title suggests I have two east facing window boxes that I want to plant up for summer. The previously had daffodils. A lot of thing I tried last year didn't fare too great so i'm wondering if anybody can suggest some flowers /plants that would hopefully flourish?

Thanks in advance

M

MardiB

Try Scabiosa aka Pincushion Flower. S. 'Butterfly Blue' and S. 'Pink Mist' are wonderfully longflowering plants and generally reliable. There are other varieties, but these would be prferred.

Do not allow boxes to become too dry.

:)

Advertisement