Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2011 Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I actually bought a 360 over the PS3 in the first place because of Halo. But by the time Halo 3 arrived I really couldn't have cared less. It would take a lot for me to get excited about Halo 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

God that was terrible. Two years in a row now I've been left completely underwhelmed by Microsoft. Disappointing considering it was their conference in 2009 that made me pick up a 360 in the end.

Looking forward to Sony's conference though, and EAs. Sony could be hacked again, live on stage, and it still wouldn't be as bad as Microsoft's conference.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's looking like a Nintendo win again this year, unless Sony have a surprise announcement. New console, a handful of 'hardcore' titles - Sony will have to do something impressive!

Hmm, new zelda, mario, a new piece of hardware and a new one to show off, if anything it won't be the total snooze fest that was. I'm actually more interested in what the third parties bring to the table than anything Sony will say, other than the Last Gaurdian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Helix wrote: »
    vita will be huge for sony this year

Unless the rumours of major power cutbacks are true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

ffs Microsoft!! I really wanted to know what kinect features halo 4 will have!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,381 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No interested in EA, what time is the sony and Nintendo up ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

God if people react like this to the 360 Conference its going to go into overdrive with the Nintendo conferance.Can't believe people are suprised at all the Kinect stuff,these games have been announced for a Year yet people seem perplexed at their presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,288 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I didn't realise that was iJustine from youtube..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Halo 4 gameplay wasn't shown because it's actually a series of kinect minigames.

Sony I believe the mop has been handed to you to mop up at E3.

Erm what could Sony show to "mop up at E3"? Cant show any games as that wont be enough, or extended features for their online service as thats not enough either!!

How did the "hardcore" gamer get shafted when Mass Effect 3, CoD:MW3 (whether ya like it or not), Halo 4, Tomb Raider, Forza 4 were shown? How does that work? Are they not "hardcore" enough? Whats Sony gonna show? Cant be a FPS (not hardcore enough), TPS adventure game (not hardcore enough), racing game (not hardcore enough).

The new Bioshock game looks sweet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

They actually almost had me until I went to the bathroom, came back, sat down and realised I won't actually be buying any of that absolute junk.

lol a new title :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    How did the "hardcore" gamer get shafted when Mass Effect 3, CoD:MW3 (whether ya like it or not), Halo 4, Tomb Raider, Forza 4 were shown? How does that work? Are they not "hardcore" enough? Whats Sony gonna show? Cant be a FPS (not hardcore enough), TPS adventure game (not hardcore enough), racing game (not hardcore enough).

Anything short of an avalanche of Cave and Treasure vertical shooters would have been unhardcore :P

And CoD isn't hardcore anymore :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The Kinect suff left a bad taste, but I'm looking forward to MW3, Tomb Raider and ME3. Disappointing event, but not a total write-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Halo 4 gameplay wasn't shown because it's actually a series of kinect minigames.

So good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Unless the rumours of major power cutbacks are true

not based on what ive seen anyway

the games look as good as first gen ps3 titles

Erm what could Sony show to "mop up at E3"? Cant show any games as that wont be enough, or extended features for their online service as thats not enough either!!

Well for me anyway I was talking about exclusives. This year there's just Gears 3, Forza 3 and Halo Anniversary. Sony has already released more exclusives this year with more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Headshot wrote: »

Sony at 1 am, Nintendo 5pm 2moro.

Damnit, I said "Owh yeah!" when gametrailers announced Skyrim next. Cannot wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Headshot wrote: »

sony 1am your time
    nintendo 5pm your time tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Right guys... get the children to bed the baby games are out of the way.... Skyrim up next !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

518037-LELL8D5.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hmm, new zelda, mario, a new piece of hardware and a new one to show off, if anything it won't be the total snooze fest that was. I'm actually more interested in what the third parties bring to the table than anything Sony will say, other than the Last Gaurdian.

Sony should hopefully be interesting, hopefully the price for the NGP or Vita will be reasonable! Plus, any Last Guardian stuff will be welcome :)

But yeah Nintendo have a lot of interesting stuff too - only console reveal, and Zelda at least, and hopefully Kid Icarus, portable Mario etc... *fingers crossed*

Hoping Dark Souls will show up somewhere - Sony can definitely swoop in and swoon the 'serious' gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Hrmmmmm.

It's probably easier to use your controller to issue squad commands in Mass Effect 3, since it pauses the game. CAN'T DO THAT, KINECT. Stop tainting my favourite franchise :(

Already have Forza 3. Nothing breath-taking to make me upgrade to Forza 4.

Gears looks cool. Worried that it'll end up feeling similar to Bulletstorm, though. Too many giant monster bosses!

Pity that the Star Wars game is for Kinect. Probably wouldn't be a bad game without Kinect. With Kinect? Looks god-awful

Fun Labs. The first time I actually took notice of Kinect. Then they follow it with Kinect Sports 2. You almost had a sale, and just lost it.

Plus the usual "majority of this will only be available in USA" comment

Edit: Oh, and Halo Anniversary looks good. They'll probably ruin it, though. I saw assassinations anyway, so it'll probably play like Reach. Still, it'd be cool if they did Halo 2 maps as DLC. Halo 4 = WUT. Is that a new enemy? Jesus, there's already 2. Hey, look, it's the FLOVENANT!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Some actual games worth getting excited about. The Journey, Uncharted 3 and Last Guardian are far more exciting than anything shown at this.

Mass Effect 3: Exciting but stupid kinect shafted in and not exactly surprising. Also multiformat
    Cod: MW3: Multiformat
    Halo 4: Meh, can't get excited about Halo
    Tomb Raider: Multiformat
    Forza 4: Pokemon + Cars - Fun.

An FPS, TPS and a Racing game? Wow they really are exploring brand new territory there.

Just realised they never even mentioned the summer of Arcade either. Was looking forward to seeing what it was this year. Was hoping for Shadow Complex 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Well for me anyway I was talking about exclusives. This year there's just Gears 3, Forza 3 and Halo Anniversary. Sony has already released more exclusives this year with more to come.

It'd be idiotic to have anymore than 3 exclusives there is Skyrim,Deus Ex,COD, FIFA,Batman & many other games out this year.Plenty of good games will get a swift death this winter unless they get delayed.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

5 minutes back from my unexpected weekend away and I come back to find Microsoft has delivered yet another rubbish conference. Thanks for ruining my weekend!

Skyrim looks unreal, cant ****ing wait

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    It'd be idiotic to have anymore than 3 exclusives there is Skyrim,Deus Ex,COD, FIFA,Batman & many other games out this year.Plenty of good games will get a swift death this winter unless they get delayed.

Why bother with an Xbox when you can get them all on the PS3 along with the better exclusives Sony will show?

Advertisement