Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2011 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Also, I hope Minecraft is Kinect-enabled, not JUST for Kinect.

Although, I doubt it can match the PC version for mods etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Healium wrote: »
    Also, I hope Minecraft is Kinect-enabled, not JUST for Kinect.

Although, I doubt it can match the PC version for mods etc.

Without the mods it's going to be a griefers paradise online and will totally ruin it. Single player is very limited, multiplayer is where most of the fun is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

That was painful watching the Microsoft Kinectbox E3 event , roll on everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,381 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Skyrim looks unreal, cant ****ing wait

omg omg omg it looooooooooooooooks so gooooooooooood

me want

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

GTR63 wrote: »
    It'd be idiotic to have anymore than 3 exclusives there is Skyrim,Deus Ex,COD, FIFA,Batman & many other games out this year.Plenty of good games will get a swift death this winter unless they get delayed.

I'm talking about the year as a whole. Next year they basically have Halo 4 and that's it. This year Gears 3 and Forza 4, I'm not even going to include Halo Anniversary. It's a pathetic year of exclusives for 360 and the reason I've hardly played mine since before Christmas and just stick with my PS3 mainly. This winter isn't going to be any different by the looks of it, nor the first half of next year.

Edit: Ms. Splosion Man will get me playing my Xbox again, the Summer of Arcade could be enough to get me excited about Xbox again for a month or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

SKYRIM will not be topped at E3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

I watched all of Microsoft then I missed Skyrim? Fuuucccccckk! What was it shown on? Much new footage!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Just realised they never even mentioned the summer of Arcade either. Was looking forward to seeing what it was this year. Was hoping for Shadow Complex 2.
    That's exactly what I was hoping for, especially when they said the 'every game from now on is an exclusive' like at E3 2009. le sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Nollog

I watched all of Microsoft then I missed Skyrim? Fuuucccccckk! What was it shown on? Much new footage!!?

Me too, or were people imagining it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

GTR63 wrote: »
    It'd be idiotic to have anymore than 3 exclusives

why?

• Advertisement

Im really looking forward to Nintendo. Im not a fan of them if truth be told but im dying to see this new console

I wonder will they actually have better graphics than the other 2 consoles

A load of in game footage, it looks amazing. There will be a 30 minute footage later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Skyrim's Dragon battles looked epic. The way that it crashed and the little details with the terrain getting damaged was a nice touch. I did think at the end though: "How much of this will be moddable".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm hoping it does look significantly better than the current two machines. It's got a late 2012 launch and considering how cheap the technology will be then and if it has Direct X 11 features like geometry tessellation then it will blow the others out of the water.

GothPunk wrote: »
    That's exactly what I was hoping for, especially when they said the 'every game from now on is an exclusive' like at E3 2009. le sigh.

Yeah doesn't help that I was playing Super Metroid all day, really made me want a new Shadow Comple that bit more!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

and thats where i thought tomb raider is dead as franchise.... feck that was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Tomb Raider looks like Uncharted which is a hilarious turn of events.

I should get an achievement worth 1000 points for sitting through that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bah! I missed Skyrim as well. When are they showing it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Yeah doesn't help that I was playing Super Metroid all day, really made me want a new Shadow Comple that bit more!
    You should get Outland then, if you haven't already. It's certainly scratching my Metroidvania itch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Oh now that would be nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Batman Arkham City lest you play as Catwoman and has Two Face as the bad guy.

MW3 demo at 8pm.

GothPunk wrote: »
    You should get Outland then, if you haven't already. It's certainly scratching my Metroidvania itch.

Oh yeah forgot about it, have it on 360, downloaded it on that while PSN was down. Played a bit of it and really enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Helix wrote: »
    why?

Because there are so many titles out this year that if you release another exclusive it'd sink without a trace.As I said there are a dozen or more 3rd party titles that will sell a million plus copies come christmas.What have sony got this christmas besides uncharted 3,there is a reason for that they can rely a bit on the 3rd party this year.

Actually some XBLA games would have been nice, I guess we'll hearmore over the next 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Does anyone think that avatar yer one did was already on the machine? Same as that cuddly toy thing?

You people who saw skyrim, did you see it on the spike tv thing with that cigarette geoff knightly?
    Grayditch wrote: »
    Does anyone think that avatar yer one did was already on the machine? Same as that cuddly toy thing?
    Probably were.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    You people who saw skyrim, did you see it on the spike tv thing with that cigarette geoff knightly?

saw it on this stream http://www.gametrailers.com/netstorage/e3/e3-live.html

afaik its spike tv

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

/\/ollog wrote: »

Probably were.

Yeah. They will have a full 30 min demo later though.

Will BF3 be shown at the EA event later?

• Advertisement

That stream breaks up on me every 2 seconds.
    Can not watch.

Advertisement