Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2011 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

jesus ea are really getting their money's worth out of last year's e3 trailer for the old republic arent they

at least 50% of this so far was on show last year

i wonder if the combat is still dull repetitive turd

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The Old Republic trailer was by far, the best trailer they've shown yet. Bioware sure do know how to do trailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,381 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

that star wars game is an mmo right?

never liked the ssx games i have to say

Headshot wrote: »

Yup.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

sadly yes

yup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Lucas arts should of went to Bioware to get advice on movie making and story telling, that trailer montage was stunning

mewso wrote: »
    sadly yes

damn, why dont they go back to the single player version :(

Love those games so so so much

Kiith wrote: »
    The Old Republic trailer was by far, the best trailer they've shown yet. Bioware sure do know how to do trailers.

it was rehashed to bits

plus the game played like crap last time i had a go of it

not at all looking forward to it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Wooo fifa 12 time!

Helix wrote: »
    it was rehashed to bits

plus the game played like crap last time i had a go of it

not at all looking forward to it

I know a lot of that was seen before, but there was a fair amount of new footage in there too. I know it was CGI, but it's damn good CGI. I've faith in Bioware anyway, and even if the gameplay/combat isnt anything new, the story is what i'm most looking forward to.

Plus, i can't help but love anything with Duel of Fates playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

yup cute trailers for starwars, but in the end of the day it is auto attack mmorpg, which wount look like that at all.

i think those bull**** trailers should be outlawed, as they are just a lie...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

It has parts rehased from "Hope" and "Deceived", but a lot was new (the starfighter combat, the cowboy guy, some of the lightsaber battles), so hoping for another video appearing during E3.
    yup cute trailers for starwars, but in the end of the day it is auto attack mmorpg, which wount look like that at all.

i think those bull**** trailers should be outlawed, as they are just a lie...

But they are very pretty :D

Yeah the auto attack is making me "mehish" on TOR, mainly as its still too close to EQ and WoW to let it slide (like GW2 is doing :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Yeah remember the trailer from last year.

Ole talking alot of nonsense :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Ole talking alot of nonsense :D

Yeah lol Fifa as a coaching tool. Wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

never liked the ssx games i have to say

Ah, sh1tE! I ran off to make a quick coffee while Star Wars was on, and when I came back it was Fifa- Did I miss SSX in the middle?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Me after seeing Skyrim footage

*flapping hands*

"OhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGod"

deathrider wrote: »
    Ah, sh1tE! I ran off to make a quick coffee while Star Wars was on, and when I came back it was Fifa- Did I miss SSX in the middle?

yup

out jan 2012

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Hehe they needed to sub what Jack Wilshere was saying.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    It has parts rehased from "Hope" and "Deceived", but a lot was new (the starfighter combat, the cowboy guy, some of the lightsaber battles), so hoping for another video appearing during E3.

But they are very pretty :D

Yeah the auto attack is making me "mehish" on TOR, mainly as its still too close to EQ and WoW to let it slide (like GW2 is doing :p)

so many people will be fooled by that trailer. when there were some actuoll gameplay vidoes, it looks sooooooooooooooooooooooo ****. atleast blizzard can do a good quality game after theyr epicpoop trailers.

i dont know if thats only me, but i dont bother watching cgi trailers anymore. its just no point...

p.s. i loled at fifa 12, so much spent on marketing and expencive players bull**** :D .

so what? litle bit tweak graphics, change names on teams and player baes. job done, wheres our millions again?

Some nice looking features there...and they ain't charging for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

yup

out jan 2012

Sh1te! I'll youtube it later. I likes me a bit if SSX. Been quite a while since I played one though, back in the middle of my PS2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Fifa wont be complete unless you can take out a super injunction.

lol at sports game advertising lol

That's music from Inception, isnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

What did EA say again about no celebrities.....?:rolleyes:

so many people will be fooled by that trailer. when there were some actuoll gameplay vidoes, it looks sooooooooooooooooooooooo ****. atleast blizzard can do a good quality game after theyr epicpoop trailers.

i dont know if thats only me, but i dont bother watching cgi trailers anymore. its just no point...

Who would be stupid enough to be fooled by that? They make no claims to having any gameplay footage in there. It's a cinematic trailers....they always look like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Does that Madden logo look like Madden of Honour 2012 with the slow-mo dust explosion.

Oh well, nice to see EA reusing their marketing ideas.

Advertisement