Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2011 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Mr. Caffeine.

Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Lukker- wrote: »
    Have a play of WoW or any other well acclaimed MMO and report back how you found the experience.

WoW combat consists of hitting 1 2 3 4 and then starting again, yet they still have 12m subscribers.

In fairness.... wow's combat system is as complex as you'll find in any game... easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

He is so bad its funny, tragically funny.

The language!! THE LANGUAGE!!

Won't somebody please think of the children.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Magill wrote: »
    In fairness.... wow's combat system is as complex as you'll find in any game... easily.

It's complex yes, because of the amount of types of attacks, buffs, debuffs, shields but it isn't really dynamic and lacks fluidity. Not saying it's not skilled, Arena PvP is among the most challenging mp games out there. It just feels dated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

farcry 3????????????????????

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

sheehy83 wrote: »
    farcry 3????????????????????

Certainly looks like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Am i the only one who thought mass effect was adverge , mass effect 3 just looks 2.5

Far Cry 3. Wasn't expecting that.

That was actually quite a good trailer for Far Cry 3. It always looks amazing, and hopefully they learned a lot from the 2nd game.

New Brothers in Arms as well. Some nice surprises from Ubisoft so far.

Sorry no, it's Inglourious Basterds the game.

• Advertisement

FC 3 looked well class!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Helix wrote: »
    someone who knows nothing about food can tell if a meal tastes like crap

Hardly the same thing now is it.

Its an MMO, you simply cannot make judgement in an hour.
    For all you know it might play like any mmo since as you say you have no mmo experience, its a tad harsh to say it plays crap or like a dog or whatever.

True with most games be they fps,beat em up,arcade racer or whatever and hour or so playtime can yield a decent and sound opinion of most games but trust me an MMO is an entirely different beast.

For example ive played many MMOs and subbed to many over the years,
    Those MMOs i can give an honest opinion on,WOW,AOC,WAR,Rift,Aion,EQ,LOTRO to name a few, there are quite a few more MMOs ive played mostly free to play ones that i simply cannot give an opinion on simply because i only played for a couple of hours.
    I can ofcourse express how well they looked,how the combat was initially,what the early quests were like etc but as an experienced MMO player i know its the allround package that counts including endgame content,professions,pve,pvp,instances, UI,quests, etc etc the list goes on.
    It would be unfair of me to judge how good the game is/was in the true sense of an MMO.

On another point,you say the combat felt poor or something to that effect,WOW hasnt got the best combat yet its massively popular, Age of Conan has superb combat yet it recently announced its going free to play after 3 years of a subscription system ie its not near as popular as WOW.

Anyways back on topic would be a good plan i feel :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Kiith wrote: »
    Certainly looks like it.

Thought you were gone for the night :)

That Brothers In Arms game looks awesome.

That_Guy wrote: »
    That Brothers In Arms game looks awesome.

looks like Tarantino got ripped off!

Dcully wrote: »
    Thought you were gone for the night :)

So did I :pac:

looks like Tarantino got ripped off!

I was thinking that myself. Really does have an Inglorious Basterds type of look about it.

Decent show so far from Ubi.

I enjoyed Far Cry 2 but it was very flawed, but I think they can learn from there mistakes, also the engine is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Tintin? Really? :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Farcry 3 oh yeah but 2012. What the heck have those guys in Montreal been doing ffs. Way too long to wait. Looks like they might have dropped the realism from Brothers in Arms (the Inglorious 4) a tad maybe.

• Advertisement

Tin Tin - A bad ass who dresses like an absolute nonce. :pac:

deathrider wrote: »
    Tintin? Really? :pac:

Its actually looking okay :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

What did they show for FC3?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Lukker- wrote: »
    It's complex yes, because of the amount of types of attacks, buffs, debuffs, shields but it isn't really dynamic and lacks fluidity. Not saying it's not skilled, Arena PvP is among the most challenging mp games out there. It just feels dated.

How so, from my PoV its as smooth and fluent as any RPG, its very responsive and bug free (Most of the time). I haven't played it since LK but the graphical style of the game lends itself for longivity. Still looks pretty good for a 6/7 year old game, especially considering its an MMO. Would be awesome to hear some details on blizzards next MMO.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Stev_o wrote: »

Back to mysterious Island. Really hoped it would be a fixed version of Farcry 2 still in Africa tbh but looks good all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Its actually looking okay :eek:

Could never stomach him when I was a kid, so I wouldn't play his games now.

Stev_o wrote: »

A beautiful looking island. That's all you really need for Far Cry :P

mewso wrote: »
    Farcry 3 oh yeah but 2012. What the heck have those guys in Montreal been doing ffs. Way too long to wait. Looks like they might have dropped the realism from Brothers in Arms (the Inglorious 4) a tad maybe.

4 years is a healthy development cycle for a game, especially one the size of Far Cry. Really looking forward to the game now considering that they already had the tech built for the game and all that time goes into developing a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Kiith wrote: »
    A beautiful looking island. That's all you really need for Far Cry :P

Okay. Gamebreaker here. Where there any check points =p

Anyone elses think the Ghost Recon 25 years ago would be better then what they are going to show? Id love a tactical iso metric game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Far Cry 3 is the best thing I've seen so far today. Mr. Caffeine needs to be knocked down.

Advertisement