Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2011 Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Stev_o wrote: »
    Okay. Gamebreaker here. Where there any check points =p

Anyone elses think the Ghost Recon 25 years ago would be better then what they are going to show? Id love a tactical iso metric game.

Was thinking the same thing, you should check out Frozen Synapse if you havent already.

http://www.frozensynapse.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Guardian Heroes on XBLA = :D

No Shenmue 3 = :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Magill wrote: »
    How so, from my PoV its as smooth and fluent as any RPG, its very responsive and bug free (Most of the time). I haven't played it since LK but the graphical style of the game lends itself for longivity. Still looks pretty good for a 6/7 year old game, especially considering its an MMO. Would be awesome to hear some details on blizzards next MMO.

Mainly because the combat isn't dynamic.

e.g, you aren't really striking the target, spells miss or hit based on a roll of dice compared to whether you actually accurately fired it etc.

These were the limitations of the tech back than but it is starting to show its age. I'm also looking forward to Blizzards next MMO, it's been in development for a good few years already but it won't see release until after WoW has 100 levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Anyone think the guy talking now looks like alan from the hangover? :P
    Except slimmer haha

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ugh, that chap is beginning to grate on me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

The sound tech is about to be sacked, I'd reckon :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Trackmania 2 now. Ubisoft are putting on a damn good show.

If these girls happen to lose their jobs, I reckon they'd fit in perfectly with the Eurovision.

I actually really enjoyed the Raving Rabbits game on the Wii but that looked quite poor in comparison to it.

this guy is more like one of those motivational speakers

• Advertisement

Ugh, dancing games.

Those little segments about what games would like 25 years ago are quite clever. Ubisoft are really putting on a blinder of a press conference bar that gobshíte presenting. :)

Rockband 3 rip-off

A year or two ago there was talk of a game called PowerGig: Rise Of The Six String which seems similar to this, but I don't remember it ever actually being released. Is this it, just under a different name?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Eurgh the faux praise from the guitarists for Rocksmith is sickening.

Rockband 3 rip-off

It's nothing like Rockband at all. It's an actual guitar with real chords as opposed to pressing buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

deathrider wrote: »
    A year or two ago there was talk of a game called PowerGig: Rise Of The Six String which seems similar to this, but I don't remember it ever actually being released. Is this it, just under a different name?

No that was indeed released. It failed miserably...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

here we gooooooooooooo

Hurrah!!!!!

aaronh007 wrote: »
    No that was indeed released. It failed miserably...

Oh... Awww :(

• Advertisement

"Can I Get An A-Men?"

Assassins Creed cinematic trailer was excellent, but again, no surprise. They've had some fantastic trailers throughout the series. Gameplay looked good. More if the same, but faster and more streamlined. I don't like that the guards still just stand there while you execute their comrades in combat. Stab me in the back for **** sake.

Kiith wrote: »
    Assassins Creed cinematic trailer was excellent, but again, no surprise. They've had some fantastic trailers throughout the series. Gameplay looked good. More if the same, but faster and more streamlined. I don't like that the guards still just stand there while you execute their comrades in combat. Stab me in the back for **** sake.

Noticed that too. Was very annoying and very unrealistic.

I'm not an Assassins Creed fan, never was, but there's no denying that the graphics look superb.

I can't wait for November now. Ubisoft can feel very proud with their offerings.

I should really go to bed as I've work in the morning but I'm so tempted to watch the Sony conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

so are they just showing clips from throughout the day until sony starts at 1am?

anyone recognise the song at the end of the conference there?

I don't reckon I'll watch the Sony one myself. I don't have a PS3, so I'll only be making myself jealous if they show off some great new games.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    so are they just showing clips from throughout the day until sony starts at 1am?

I think so. I reckon I'll just watch the EA conference seeing as I missed it earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Advertisement