Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2011 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

The Sony 3DTV looks really cool, especially with the ability for two different players to see two different images on the same screen, no more screen watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Aldebaran wrote: »
    The Sony 3DTV looks really cool, especially with the ability for two different players to see two different images on the same screen, no more screen watching!

That's a massive selling point for me. I absolutely loathe split screen and this will be a definite purchase from me when it becomes available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I just think it's a bit small, a 32" TV would have been perfect.

I just think it's a bit small, a 32" TV would have been perfect.

They had it designed in mind for those who want to experience 3D gaming but didn't have the space for a big TV.

I game in my bedroom and the 3D TV is a perfect size (and price... I hope) for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

won't you need two sets of the glasses to get that split screen effect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

won't you need two sets of the glasses to get that split screen effect?

yeah, I think they said it comes with them though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Watching people flip the fuck out that kinect support is being put into 360 games is far more satisfying than it ought be.
    Their nerd rage, it is delicious.

I'd have no problem if what they were putting into these games was anything other than a massive gimmick that is easily achievable without a €150 investement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

krudler wrote: »
    yeah, I think they said it comes with them though

I thought they mentioned only 1 set of glasses, there was definitely only one set on screen anyway when they were talking about it

I thought they mentioned only 1 set of glasses, there was definitely only one set on screen anyway when they were talking about it

I'd say it's only 1 pair myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

its one pair

second pair is $60 iirc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

they're the ones that need power too, so you cant just nick a pair next time you go to a 3D movie :pac;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd have no problem if what they were putting into these games was anything other than a massive gimmick that is easily achievable without a €150 investement.

I guess i can't find it in myself to get worked up over titles including some optional extras for people who have bought a kinect.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Will watch the Sony conference later but $250 for the PS Vita? Well done Sony. Nintendo really are going to have to react and drop the price of the 3DS to compete with that.

Euro conversion rate is bull**** though.

Is the Nintendo press conference on at 5pm or 5:30pm?

Was just on gametrailers.com and they seem to be starting their coverage at half past the hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

9am Pacific (5pm GMT) according to most timetables (I just had a look around).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Is there anywhere you can watch back the whole shows from yesterday for xbox and playstation as I missed them. I dont mean segments of the show, I mean watch it back like when it was live. cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Is there anywhere you can watch back the whole shows from yesterday for xbox and playstation as I missed them. I dont mean segments of the show, I mean watch it back like when it was live. cheers

check gamespot i think you can watch sony and microsoft conference their

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Word of advice. Don't watch the MS show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Word of advice. Don't watch the MS show.
    Why?

Unless you are a fan of kinect games then it was an absolute trainwreck and boring. If you must watch it then turn it off when they start showing kinect games. all you'll be missing is the crappy Halo 4 teaser which you can find elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Unless you are a fan of kinect games then it was an absolute trainwreck and boring. If you must watch it then turn it off when they start showing kinect games. all you'll be missing is the crappy Halo 4 teaser which you can find elsewhere.

you must be pretty brain dead if you got excited for any of those kinetic titles in general :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,381 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

you must be pretty brain dead if you got excited for any of those kinetic titles in general :pac::pac::pac:

idk the scan thing has potential :D

Headshot wrote: »
    idk the scan thing has potential :D

lol the finger tracking thing wasant even finger tracking , unless it does that tom cruise film then i be impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I don't know, it looks like kinect support will be in a lot of games now, i thought the gunsmith thing ubisoft were on about was pretty cool looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

I wonder what it is about gamers that makes them translate "Well, that's not for me" into "you must be a moron if you have anything but contempt for that!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Has there been or will there be any big conference from THQ?? Been looking forward to getting some game footage of the new WWE game and UFC Undisputed 3.
    If anyone can direct me to any vids or news I would be ever so happy :pac:

BTW, still wrecked from staying up for the Sony event last night......went to bed dreaming of Vita, it was all in 3D too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

is there any stream now? youtube e3 does not work for me :(

is there any stream now? youtube e3 does not work for me :(

Probably because there is no conferences on right now. It'll prob come on when the Nintendo conference goes live

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Probably because there is no conferences on right now. It'll prob come on when the Nintendo conference goes live

i see. anywhere i can watch stuff from e3? wasnt there suppost to be sony stuff from 1?

• Advertisement

i see. anywhere i can watch stuff from e3? wasnt there suppost to be sony stuff from 1?

You can watch all the stuff from yesterday on IGN or Gamespot.
    The Sony conference was on at 1...........am :cool:

Advertisement