Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2011 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

You can watch all the stuff from yesterday on IGN or Gamespot.
    The Sony conference was on at 1...........am :cool:

lol. anything good i missed anyway?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

lol. anything good i missed anyway?

RIIIIDGE RACER! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

zero19 wrote: »
    i thought the gunsmith thing ubisoft were on about was pretty cool looking.

What was this? save me looking through vids from yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Here's IGN's rundown of Sonys show :

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Kiith wrote: »
    RIIIIDGE RACER! :pac:

oh god.... shoulndt they just shoot in to face and let it die, newer return back?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,609 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ridge Racer is one of the great arcade racing series, the superior games on the portable formats have shown others how its done, not too sure about the new console one though, think it might mess with the formula a little too much.

The Vita looks like a paperweight in waiting, just like the PSP before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

So, what are the guesstimations on the Cafes power? I'm thinking 1.5x that of the PS3 & 360, they'll probably show a few third party games, possibly GTAV....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Ps vita is on my christmas list 249 perfect

Wipeout
    Bioshock
    Uncharted

cloud saving
    xgc
    xgp

Im sold

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Im READY to bring nintendo back into my life !!! PRAYING TO GOD they have no motion bull**** this time !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Magill wrote: »
    Im READY to bring nintendo back into my life !!! PRAYING TO GOD they have no motion bull**** this time !

I'd say it's almost a certainty that they will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Am the only one with low hopes for Ninty to bring out something that can compete with the ps and xbox?
    They've found whay they do best, and they'll stick to it. Gimicky consoles with a very arcade style.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

kiddums wrote: »
    Am the only one with low hopes for Ninty to bring out something that can compete with the ps and xbox?
    They've found whay they do best, and they'll stick to it. Gimicky consoles with a very arcade style.
    This +1. Unless they have a proper HD device and 3rd party support there's no point in even attempting to go head to head.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Gimicky consoles with a very arcade style.

Pretty harsh. Do you actually have a Wii/DS, or are you on the outside looking in? There are tons of cracking games on both machines, and you're losing out if you dismiss them so easily. Not everyone wants Halo 9 and COD 47.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

A very interesting update if something comes from this
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/305825/news/wii-2-epic-games-to-pledge-support/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Mr E wrote: »
    Pretty harsh. Do you actually have a Wii/DS, or are you on the outside looking in? There are tons of cracking games on both machines, and you're losing out if you dismiss them so easily. Not everyone wants Halo 9 and COD 47.
    True but they've not managed to get much third party support on the Wii as they had on earlier consoles. There was a huge drop off in sales last year in the US due to lack of software choice.
    The N64 and Gamecube had a lot of great and varied titles. The Wii not so much.

DS is a top class handheld if people look past the Pony sims.A unreal amount of quality titles for a Handheld.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Nintendo in a Mario and Zelda "shocker" as usual i bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Two sides to the coin:

Gimmicky due to all the shovelware on it?

Or innovative as they're doing what sony is now copying with the move and vita a generation previous?

Defo smells of outside looking in type attitude. My favourite games by far (SMG 1+2) this gen have been on the Wii.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Looking forward to the Nintendo Press Conference. A brand new Mario for the wii would be awesome.

Stev_o wrote: »
    Nintendo in a Mario and Zelda "shocker" as usual i bet.

I heard Star Fox & Super Smash Bros.It only makes sense that they'd do a Mario & Zelda game but with Mario 3DS & Skyward Sword they may not be announced just yet. I get a feeling a LOT of people on here want Nintendo to fail rather than expecting them to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

GTR63 wrote: »
    I heard Star Fox & Super Smash Bros.It only makes sense that they'd do a Mario & Zelda game but with Mario 3DS & Skyward Sword they may not be announced just yet. I get a feeling a LOT of people on here want Nintendo to fail rather than expecting them to.

No im expecting them to fail because they are trying to apparently revert back to "hardcore" gamers (which ill use loosely as your every day person who uses a xbox or playstation) despite the fact they'v been selling themselves off as a casual alternative for the past number of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I own both. I had a DS and now I have a DSI. My Wii is gathering dust since I finished resident evil 4 on it.
    I agree that the consoles have massive potential but they're seen as family consoles and they try to cater to everyone and as such we get arcadey games such as wii fit and wii sports resort.
    Mario carts on the Wii is irritating with the controls but its fantastic on the DS.

It need to get other developers to realise it can be a contender for better games.

I'm getting sick of Halo and I got fed up with COD donkeys ago. I don't see the likes of LA Noire, Gears of war, Uncharted, tomb raider etc. comming to nintendo tho. They get a dumbed down COD, FIFA and Need for speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

GTR63 wrote: »

I'd hope this isn't the attitude. People are seriously doing themselves a disservice if they're readily willing to dismiss a product because of the way it may be advertised and in doing so are missing out on some fantastic games.

I've no interest in any of the Wii Fit type lark that is on offer but if you look past those type of games and those adverts and do a bit of research, there are actually a lot of gems that have been released for the Wii but aren't really brought to the forefront unfortunately.

Stev_o wrote: »
    No im expecting them to fail because they are trying to apparently revert back to "hardcore" gamers (which ill use loosely as your every day person who uses a xbox or playstation) despite the fact they'v been selling themselves off as a casual alternative for the past number of years.

If they pander to casual people everyone will moan if they give the "hardcore" some love people will moan.They are damned if they do damned if they don't then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Sure Sin & Punishment 2 on the Wii is more 'hardcore' (hate that term by the way) than the vast majority of 360/PS3 games. Also the DS is an amazing console, with one of the most amazing software libraries of any system, my favourite console of this generation without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,381 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ugh, I'm in work until 5 and won't get home until 6. Oh well, I'll just watch it later on I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Ah, when Sony said the NGP would launch in all regions by the end of the year they meant the fiscal year... boo.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

fingers crossed for a good powerful hardcore nintendo console, im hoping wii was an exception and seeing as ms are going completely casual there is a nice gap for nintendo to jump into

• Advertisement

Ah, when Sony said the NGP would launch in all regions by the end of the year they meant the fiscal year... boo.. :(

How do you know that?

With Christmas coming up, it'd be an ideal time to release it.

Advertisement