Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2011 Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sadly i do.. :(

Then you really don't understand how much his games have influenced nearly every game you are playing today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Zelda overload, hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Yea... he's not as great as people blow him up to be...

Really? What other game designer can come close to his legacy?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,381 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

this is suppose to be 60min event, 20mins gone already about one game...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Sadly i do.. :(
    But he's the epitome of Japan - equal parts creepy, cute and genius! :D When you apply that to games you get greatness - I must admit I've never played a Zelda game but I'm going to rectify that one day. You've gotta respect the legacy!

• Advertisement

Did I just hear him say that there will be more remakes of Zelda games ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I think it's great Nintendo are expanding into the music industry with tours and everything. Go nintendo, bring out a mp3 player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Really? What other game designer can come close to his legacy?
    Sid Meier, Peter Molyneaux, John Carmack, Gabe Newell? There's loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ocarina for the 3DS.....

:o Nice.

Still getting the Vita instead.

KerranJast wrote: »

Those are all good examples but I'd say the average person would have greater knowledge of Mario than any of the games created by the other designers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Then you really don't understand how much his games have influenced nearly every game you are playing today.

I dont think he actually knows what games hes created :D

Easily the single most important person in gaming ever.

Peter Molyneaux, really ?

All great developers, yes, but none of them have worked on titles like Miyamoto has (he also worked on Mario and Donkey Kong by the way).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Umm Iwata... surely the PS2 was 'equally satisfying for all players'?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

None have made as many games over a wide range of genres that have had such a big influence.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Ocarina for the 3DS.....

:o Nice.

Still getting the Vita instead.
    Vita will be an epic fail I think.
    3DS is different and not trying to replicate a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Nintendo are such a tease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Vita will be an epic fail I think

assuming the battery doesnt only last for 5 minutes i cant see it being a failure

the 3ds on the other hand is dying on its arse already

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I love Nintendo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Those are all good examples but I'd say the average person would have greater knowledge of Mario than any of the games created by the other designers.

I wasn't really a nintendo kid growing up... I was Megadrive & PC... I would know all the ones KerranJast mentioned and Dave Perry on top of them as the main designers who influenced my gaming experiences growing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

never being a nintendo fan but they are the best for innovation, team ico and nintendo and naught dog are among kings

• Advertisement

3DS is hardly dying on it's arse considering it's doing far better at the moment than the DS was doing in it's lifetime and it launch at a stupid time. PSP Vita with it's price point should be stiff competition though. 3DS won't have it easy.

Even their stage is pure win.

DO A BARREL ROLL!

Were they clips of 3DS games?

3DS is hardly dying on it's arse considering it's doing far better at the moment than the DS was doing in it's lifetime and it launch at a stupid time

thats all because of the intial sales

its been on a massive downward decline post launch. nobodys buying it any more coz there are feck all games worth a crap

I wasn't really a nintendo kid growing up... I was Megadrive & PC... I would know all the ones KerranJast mentioned and Dave Perry on top of them as the main designers who influenced my gaming experiences growing up.

From reading interview with Sid Meier, Dave Perry, Peter Molyneaux and John Carmack, they all cite Miyamotos work as a massive influence and also regard him as the best game designer out there.

Helix wrote: »

its been on a massive downward decline post launch. nobodys buying it any more coz there are feck all games worth a crap

Same thing happened with the DS, took a good year before the good stuff started to arrive. Give it until Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I think that most people who bought the DS sees the 3DS as a slightly fancier DS and aren't really bothered to buy it.

Which is why PSP is as good as dead, hardly any good games out.

assuming the battery doesnt only last for 5 minutes i cant see it being a failure

the 3ds on the other hand is dying on its arse already
    Well the DS had a weak launch, like the 3DS. But the 3DS is already selling well. It will be a big success.
    PSP Vita is like the PSP launch again, they're trying to make a console/handheld. It didn't work, and it won't work this time.
    It will be just like the PSP.

• Advertisement

Same thing happened with the DS, took a good year before the good stuff started to arrive. Give it until Christmas.

the thing is, the new home console might be out at christmas - that's hardly going to get people buying the 3ds

for what it is, the 3ds is overpriced and its main feature is one that 95% of players turn off. nintendo were due a relative failure, and i think itll be the 3ds

i love nintendo, but christ the 3ds is cack at the moment and doesnt really show any signs of getting better. mario kart? ocarina 3d? meh, lets get something new and decent

first console i ever gave back to the manufacturer due to not being used

Advertisement