Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2011 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,381 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

GTR63 wrote: »
    You can see the Console here http://www.computerandvideogames.com/305938/news/wii-u-first-hardware-images/
    Looks a bit like a white 360.

why didnt they show that during the event?

awful presentation

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Sticking with my PS3, not overly impressed with Nintendos new console.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Despite not seeing it in action :D

All they saw was Ruin yesterday, which only said you can play it on the PSV, stop playing, plug it in on the tv and then play on your PS3.

Didn't Nintendo do that already with the N64 and Pokémon Stadium, sort of ?

The PSV has accelerometers and gyroscopes too... I don't see how it couldn't do this, plus the PSP has been streaming content from the PS3 for the last 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

what a crappy e3 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

It's the first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

E3 is no longer the show it used to be, but I still loved seeing Sony's presentation yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Headshot wrote: »
    why didnt they show that during the event?

coz its an irelevant plastic box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Lukker- wrote: »
    It's the first day.

technically, its the 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Gyroscopes are not fun.
    So this controller looks like it costs a bit,
    how is this making multiplayer more accessible?

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    coz its an irelevant plastic box?

They could at least give the specs, or a price they had in mind.
    But I agree, it's the controller that's the main issue here.

I won't pass judgement until I've tried it.

Helix wrote: »
    technically, its the 3rd

No it runs from the 7th-9th.

http://www.e3expo.com/

Nintendo Wii 2 U

Did they pick that name because it sounds like "two", or did they hit "U" while typing wii...

Graphics wise it still looks a level below the 360 and PS3.

Bearing in mind these are launch titles though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Nintendo Wii 2 U

Did they pick that name because it sounds like "two", or did they hit "U" while typing wii...

I think you may be right, the u key is right beside the i key! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Wasn't bowled over from any press conferance.The WiiU is a lot earlier in developement terms of software than I thought it'd be.Was happy they did show a few 3DS games I haven't played mine in a month such is the drought.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Graphics wise it still looks a level below the 360 and PS3.

Bearing in mind these are launch titles though.

Game like Mario or whatever never had fantastic graphics, but to be fair that Zelda game they showed looked impressive.

I think it'll have the same power as both other consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

I think the best thing to possibly come out of the wii u would be hudless games.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Game like Mario or whatever never had fantastic graphics, but to be fair that Zelda game they showed looked impressive.

I think it'll have the same power as both other consoles.

I was comparing the trailers from the other console games that already have trailers, certainly looked a step below. Metro Last Light for example looked poor compared to the other trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hardcore gamers shafted again

for the love of god "hardcore" gamers are NOT people who only buy stuff like MW3, Halo and Gears.

• Advertisement

Should have called it Wii pew pew!:D:pac:
    Ahhhhhhhghghhh 3000 posts :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I found that a bit confusing, but I wasn't giving it my full attention. The seem to have explained everything backwards. I think they ruined any excitement by explaining it so badly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

New Luigi's Mansion, I like!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

How many times have your controllers accidentally hit the floor? Is it a super bang resistant screen?

krudler wrote: »
    for the love of god "hardcore" gamers are NOT people who only buy stuff like MW3, Halo and Gears.

did I mention they were ?

Hulk Hogan

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Obviously a hands on trial is needed to really know what it's like but crappy name aside Wii U looks class.

I suppose here I should confess I don't care about specs unless you're talking about Bohemia's Arma. Gameplay is everything to me and the biggest drawback to Wii was the lack of regularly released AAA titles. I'd hope that the New improved graphics will motivate TPs to make more quality releases for the system. However, honestly if they don't I'm not too fussed because I'm a PC Gamer first and foremost.

The tablet controller idea looks amazing. The Golf clip with the "ball" placed on the ground floor while adjusting your swing using the TV just blew me away, yes it appears to be another gimmick but it's another innovative one. The Sketching was pretty cool, the idea of simply touching your inventory on the touchpad while playing (or maybe binding combos to it?) makes for ease of in game control. Or sketching the plays in Madden conveniently and then playing the game the convenient way. The idea of multiple people playing games while someone watches tv is quite nice, but much cooler is the idea of sending what you find on the web directly to the tv screen immediately perfect for when you find funny stuff on YLYL.:D The possibilities of that tablet are endless, I just hope devs other than Nintendo use it and those that do are actually rewarded by consumers *cough* Zack&Wiki *cough*.

That said I thought the presentation was poor and could have been a lot better.

Wii U looks neat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Ok, first I thought the wii u was a fancy controller that hooked up to the wii console and I kept thinking these games they are announcing can't be played on the wii as it's not powerful enough. Only realized there now that the wii u is a brand new console with a fancy controller. Why the fcuk did Nintendo not show the actual console? It's like they created the controller first and now they are going to make the console.

did I mention they were ?

what constitutes a hardcore gamer then? people wanted more 3rd party support and HD, they got it. stuff like Tekken, Darksiders, Battlefield, Mass Effect, Arkham City and a bunch of other stuff is coming to the Wii U.

gamers as a whole lately have turned into a bunch of self entitled whingebags, when they get innovation and new ways to play they complain its too new and wont catch on, when they get sequels and reboots they complain about that as well.

I just consider myself a gamer, neither hardcore nor casual, I play the games that interest me I couldnt care less what they're about, be it Call of Duty or Flower, Okami or Uncharted 3, if it looks fun to play and is fun to play I'll play it, doesnt matter how HD the graphics are or who developed it.

• Advertisement

Ok, first I thought the wii u was a fancy controller that hooked up to the wii console and I kept thinking these games they are announcing can't be played on the wii as it's not powerful enough. Only realized there now that the wii u is a brand new console with a fancy controller. Why the fcuk did Nintendo not show the actual console? It's like they created the controller first and now they are going to make the console.

probably hasnt been finalised yet, there was a pic of it under the tv in the clip, its a white rectangular box, the meat of the console is in the controller, they should have explained its a whole new console and not just a Wii addon though as it was kinda confusing at first Took me a minute to realise it wasnt just something you plugged into the Wii as well.

Advertisement