Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2011 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

It's not like you have to sit there for hours with your arms outstretched ;)
    It can be used as a normal controller (meaning, you can let it rest on your lap) and if you want to use it as the console itself you can just use it like any other handheld.
    i dont want to be that guy, but didnt PS vita, destroyed anything that ds is...

i am watching sony conference and i just cant believe with so much stuff theyr are coming with!

Well, seeing as how the DS wiped the floor with the PSP and then pissed all over it's rotting corpse while laughing hysterical... I doubt it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I also don't like the fisher price toy look of Nintendo gear.

I have a pretty slick home cinema setup, with a gorgeous 47" LG Full LED 3DTV, and Onkyo av reciever, Tannoy 5.1 wooden piano black speakers and sub. My HTPC, Xbox 360 S, PS3 and Sky+ HD fit well with it, but the Wii/Wii U would just look out of place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

sink wrote: »

I have a pretty slick home cinema setup, with a gorgeous 47" LG Full LED 3DTV, and Onkyo av reciever, Tannoy 5.1 wooden piano black speakers and sub. My HTPC, Xbox 360 S, PS3 and Sky+ HD fit well with it, but the Wii/Wii U would just look out of place.

Do you have many leather-bound books and does your apartment smell of rich mahogany?

Do you have many leather-bound books and does your apartment smell of rich mahogany?

Yes I'm kind of a big deal, people know me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

And you're from North Dublin? Hehe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Bonavox wrote: »
    And you're from North Dublin? Hehe.

North County Dublin, you know the place with Malahide, Howth etc, :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

North County Dublin, you know the place with Malahide, Howth etc, :P

Yeah, always get a bang of fish from the sea when out there, though. :mad: Whatever you're into. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Really not sure what to make of Nintendo's new toy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

PS VIta is totally different from the new wii controller. and for the comfortability of the new controller, try this: http://kotaku.com/5809566/this-is-surely-the-first-of-many-wii-u-super-mario-bros-games

i was really (really) skeptical when wii/motes first introduced back then so this time i learnt the lesson :P gonna wait till what they gonna release in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Nintendo announced a new Firetruck as well.

Wii-u Wii-u Wii-u Wii-u Wii-u Wii-u Wii-u Wii-u Wii-u Wii-u Wii-u Wii-u

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Nintendo announced a new Firetruck as well.

Wii-u Wii-u Wii-u Wii-u Wii-u Wii-u Wii-u Wii-u Wii-u Wii-u Wii-u Wii-u

hehe, nice one.

in all fairness, after 3ds bull**** launch titles and lack of feutures that had to be basic, i will play a waiting game with ninty.

bte lads, is blizzard at e3 this year? anything on diablo 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Is this all lads no more suprises :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Good points about Nintendo's conference:

The announcement of some good looking titles for the 3DS. In particular, Luigi's mansion 2, new Super Smash Bros., Kid Icarus, new Mario game.

Seems to be a good host of 3rd party titles coming out for the Wii U.

Bad points:

No specifications of the new console, no demo's of any kind for the Wii U. I know some games may be early in development but a demo on a prototype game would've been ok.

I hated the fact that the controller itself wasn't even there to gauge how big it actually is.

Lack of price details which is strange because it said that the Wii U was out in 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Watson+45nm chip as a start. the console wont be released till 2012 so they might still do some change on the hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Black Wii, problem solved

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

so

where's this 30 minutes of skyrim footage?

--edit

also

http://www.ustream.tv/Battlefield3

meant to be some bf3 stuff here in a fgew minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

That_Guy wrote: »
    Good points about Nintendo's conference:

The announcement of some good looking titles for the 3DS. In particular, Luigi's mansion 2, new Super Smash Bros., Kid Icarus, new Mario game.

Seems to be a good host of 3rd party titles coming out for the Wii U.

Bad points:

No specifications of the new console, no demo's of any kind for the Wii U. I know some games may be early in development but a demo on a prototype game would've been ok.

I hated the fact that the controller itself wasn't even there to gauge how big it actually is.

Lack of price details which is strange because it said that the Wii U was out in 2012.

They should have had Miyamoto pull the Wii U controller out of a chest when the orchestra played the "finding an item" Zelda tune.

Yes Nintendo I'm available for next years E3 for presentation ideas, get on it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well going by the third party games then the WiiU is at least as powerful as the PS3 and 360 and has all their effects like HDR, self shadowing, pixel shaders etc.

The tech demo they showed could reveal more if it was real time. Reports say it was real time using the unreal engine. I'd really want confirmation of it really but going by it you have much better lighting and shadowing than either console, especially self shadowing on models. Also the moss at the very start and the water effects look like the console could support geometry tesselation which if it does is a very big deal and will put the visuals of the Wii U way ahead of the 360 and PS3. Then again it could be a target render and not real time. Will really need to see some first party exclusive footage in HD to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

my most anticaped game for the ps vita is sound shapes , music platformer , looks soo great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,320 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

See, I knew someone would announce a new console. Hardware was simply getting too dated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well going by the third party games then the WiiU is at least as powerful as the PS3 and 360 and has all their effects like HDR, self shadowing, pixel shaders etc.

The tech demo they showed could reveal more if it was real time. Reports say it was real time using the unreal engine. I'd really want confirmation of it really but going by it you have much better lighting and shadowing than either console, especially self shadowing on models. Also the moss at the very start and the water effects look like the console could support geometry tesselation which if it does is a very big deal and will put the visuals of the Wii U way ahead of the 360 and PS3. Then again it could be a target render and not real time. Will really need to see some first party exclusive footage in HD to be sure.

I think the multi plats look a fair bit worse and personally thought the tech demo looked like the CG you see in a PS1 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Dust 514 for me can't wait to see more of that, if it all works with EVE in the way i think it will be unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Only saw the launch Demo but I'm so damn conflicted by this Wii U. some of the featurs look great and the tv splitting is something I have always wanted.

Howeverrrrrrrrrrrrr Nintendo burned me with the Wii, and damn it I'm just not convinced yet, it will be sometime before I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just watching batman gameplay, looks well class!

http://www.youtube.com/user/E3#p/l

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just watching batman gameplay, looks well class!

http://www.youtube.com/user/E3#p/l

It looks great. One of my most anticipated games for 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

wheres that 30mins of skyrim?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was really worried about the whole ope city but it looks amazing taking off into the sky and finding riddler trophies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I was really worried about the whole ope city but it looks amazing taking off into the sky and finding riddler trophies!!

I loved solving the Riddlers puzzles in AA, glad to see it back

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

wheres that 30mins of skyrim?

g4tv were doing some skyrim feature a short while ago on their tv channel. i dont know if that was the 30 minute bit that was promised, but they said it would be online at some point.. soon enough I hope.

Advertisement