Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2011 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Riddler Death trap rooms = AWESOME!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

g4tv were doing some skyrim feature a short while ago on their tv channel. i dont know if that was the 30 minute bit that was promised, but they said it would be online at some point.. soon enough I hope.

Ya,it was.Could only watch it on their site in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

So do we know what Super Secret Game #1, Super Secret Remake & Super Secret Game #2 are gonna be??

I'm guessing Halo 4, Halo remastered and ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

nintendo conference was really disappointing, that remote looks like ****.... like playing on an ipad....

From my POV sony had the best showing, vita looks really great (And i dont normally like handhelds) and even tho we already knew about most of the PS3 exclusives they were the best on offer. Dust looks very interesting and starhawk will be great.

Looking forward to see some darksouls stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Apparently Reggie has said in an interview with GTTV that the third party preview videos shown at the Nintendo conference were the 360 and PS3 versions and not from the Wii U, but that the Wii U versions will look the same or better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Aldebaran wrote: »
    Apparently Reggie has said in an interview with GTTV that the third party preview videos shown at the Nintendo conference were the 360 and PS3 versions and not from the Wii U, but that the Wii U versions will look the same or better.

really... i wouldn't care if its graphical power was on par with a good gaming PC, that controller is a deal breaker for me, much like the wii. Maybe it'll play better than it looks.. not getting my hopes up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't see the problem with the controller? It's dual analogue classic design with a screen in the middle. Knowing nintendo it will be very comfy to use.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i thought it looked a bit naff at first, but i saw a clip on youtube of a guy using it and.. it actually looks alright

my dissapointment is lessening the further I get from the nintendo conference.. now i'm just... curious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Biggest question I have about Wii U is if it's going to be able to play next-gen stuff.

I don't mean PS3 and 360 stuff. I mean PS4 and 720 stuff. All the third parties so far seem content to just port PS3/360 games to it, Nintendo doesn't seem to be starting a new generation of games on that end.

If it can't get the next generation's content too, we could end up in familiar territory again.

I suppose this isn't a question we can answer until MS and Sony show their next systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hosts are idiots.Think that's just a part of what Bethesda will be showing sometime else.

hrm, so when everyone heard 30.. they actually meant 13?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Don't see the problem with the controller? It's dual analogue classic design with a screen in the middle. Knowing nintendo it will be very comfy to use.

One of my concerns now is there will be no local multiplayer.

Twitter feed for NGamer Mag:
    Wii U will only come with one controller. You will not be able to buy more - one controller, one machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

titan18 wrote: »
    Hosts are idiots.Think that's just a part of what Bethesda will be showing sometime else.

yeah those host are so damn annoying, its pretty clear they have no interest in gaming tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

dooferoaks wrote: »
    One of my concerns now is there will be no local multiplayer.

Twitter feed for NGamer Mag:

You can use additional wii remotes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

If someone finds download links to the Nintendo, MS and Sony e3 conferences can u please post them? Preferably MP4 :)

highlight for me was the asian woman ( Naoko Takamoto I think, lead producer of dance central 2) that was on the Microsoft conference and the gametrailers stream at the end tonight dancing w/ dance central. I think I'm in love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

highlight for me was the asian woman ( Naoko Takamoto I think, lead producer of dance central 2) that was on the Microsoft conference and the gametrailers stream at the end tonight dancing w/ dance central. I think I'm in love.

She the one that said see you at e3 , when she was at e3 ya she was class:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

While I'm a little disappointed by the tech side of stuff it seems to be for different reasons to other people. The WiiU does what Sony hinted the PSP would do with the PSP years ago so it's hardly new. That said, it could work out very, very well depending on support.
    Similar with the splitscreen without splitscreen. I remember about 18 months ago I think Sharp were waffling about a TV which would shown different pictures depending on the angle of the viewer, so the glasses are a step back somewhat. Also there's the fact that really any console should be capable of doing the same thing once the TV is up to it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

While i really want to punch those hosts in the face, the game looks freakin amazing. Everything from the engine, to the skill tree looks fantastic. I can't wait to see what it looks like on a high end pc.

Also, magic looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I just read some reviews from the WiiU and apparently it doesn't look so bad.

Extremely light controller, fits perfectly in the hands, the controls work very good and the games look brilliant.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Have they actually shown many games?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pikmin 3 has been revealed for the WiiU. Can't wait for that game, the first two are underappreciated classics.

Also the new Devil May Cry looks awful. Even worse is Ninja Gaiden 3. What the **** is up with the QTE combat?

Lukker- wrote: »
    I think the multi plats look a fair bit worse and personally thought the tech demo looked like the CG you see in a PS1 game.

Turns out the footage shown was of 360 and PS3 versions and not running on WiiU.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm slightly curious about the Wii U. I hope the likes of Smyths/GAME have some demo's in store to try before I decide to take the plunge and buy it.

I'm very much looking forward to a new Super Smash Bros and Luigi's Mansion 2 is gonna be great. Seriously can't wait for those two to land onto the 3DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Turns out the footage shown was of 360 and PS3 versions and not running on WiiU.

Yeah my eyes are just to used to vastly superior PC graphics!

Still curious to see the specs of the WiiU, supposedly it's a HD5770 (evergreen) which is a decent mid-level graphics card that is capable of DX11. It's speed really depends how much stream processor the version in the WiiU has though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Well the PS360 is about 200 GFLOPS while the standard 5770 is 1.3TFLOPS. That's quite the performance difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Proper order Sony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

E3 is on a Boat!!

Brilliant!!

Advertisement