Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastest broadband in Ireland to date

• 12-05-2011 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hello,
    Am looking to get wifi for the house want to be able to use multiple devices all at once and want to no which one is the fastest around. Am using it to download and am in the Monaghan area to.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,798 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The fastest in Ireland and the fastest you can get at your location are 2 very different things.

UPC now offer 100meg, but I can't get it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Mike Trix

I can't either which suck's i say i havnt got much choice where i live i had the o2 modem broadband but that was to slow and really want to download is there any other good options??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭dunworth1

depends where are you located

Emyvale in Monaghan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

Your best bet is to go on the Com Reg website
    http://www.callcosts.ie/broadband/Broadband_Calculator.175.LE.asp

• Advertisement

Thanks great website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Mike Trix wrote: »
    Thanks great website

No its not, You'll find most of those are not available to you and it doesn't include any fixed wireless providers of which there's at least one in each county.

3, O2 and Meteor don't really have a broadband product, midband only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    3, O2 and Meteor don't really have a broadband product, midband only

This +1.
    Don't expect to get a true broadband connection from one of these misrepresented products.
    If possible, try and stick to something fixed. If Eircom or any of the resellers in your area can't give you decent DSL broadband, and theres no UPC availability, then I reckon your best bet would be fixed wireless (if you have the money for it) as opposed to mobile midband dongles.

Advertisement