Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park

Options
  • 12-05-2011 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Firstly , while I have it on good authority by someone I completely thrust and has seen the paperwork themselves , I have NOT seen said paperwork and so can only call this a rumour but I have heard it on a few occasions that Frank Brazil Dineen borrowed some/all the money to purchase Jones Rd. pitch (now Croke Park) from the RCB and never paid it back (at all or totally). Has anyone else ever heard such stories ?
    While I have being searching I have found no proof but will attend RCB library at some time to see if I can trace anything.
    The irony of this , if true , would be that the heart of GAA with lesser emphasis on IRA due to recruitment through GAA was/is "owned" by CoI.
    I don't know how much of a pinch of salt , if any , is needed for this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

As a side note different sources state that he sold Jones Rd. to the GAA for £3500 and others say that he gave it free. As he was in financial difficulties (sold part to service debts) , did he sell it to the GAA or did the GAA take over the debt ?

Advertisement