Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blocked Hotmail Account

• 12-05-2011 3:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭

Anyone have any ideas how I can go about getting my hotmail account unblocked. I was asked to submit a new password, which I did but I still can't log on with either the old or the new password? The help centre for hotmail keep asking me to sign in before I can submit a request of help!!!!!!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

did you try to reset the password again?

When you try to reset the password, hotmail use 3 methods.

1: send the password to your hotmail (seems kind of stupid i know...)
    2: sent the password to the alternate e-mail address you provided. (IF you provided one)
    3: fill in additional information such as date of birth, answer to the secret question etc that you filled out when you registered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

Tried that but still no luck. I've been blocked now for about a week. Driving me mad!! Any ideas how to contact the customer services? i read on another forum someplace that that's what I need to do but every time I try to submit a question it tells me that I need to log in first!!! I'm going around in circles!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

... I was asked to submit a new password...

How were you asked to submit a new password ? Via email ? Did this involve you having to visit a web page to enter your current password and then submit a new one ? It's highly irregular to be prompted to change a password - in fact I only ever recall having to do so here on boards and they went to great pains to explain why it was deemed necessary .

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dshamrock2000

im having the same problem, it asks you a security question so it can verify its you and then you reset your new password, then when you try to log in the account is still bloody blocked?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Same thing happened me a while ago (I changed Live password and hadn't changed to the new password in Digsby so I got locked out), You need to use the Microsoft account recovery thingy here, you need to provide some details to the live team, your last few emails received, a couple of contacts etc, The Live team will manually reset your account once you provide the info they request

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 dshamrock2000

Thanks yoyo, hopefully they can sort it for me :mad:

Advertisement