Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Hippos

Options
  • 12-05-2011 3:52pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone seen packs of Happy Hippos around recently*? The normal ones, NOT the cocoa ones. Tesco hasn't stocked them in ages, and my nearest Lidl doesn't seem to have them either. They're like crack to me - I'll cry if they're discontinued!

*Preferably in Cork, but I'll settle for proof that they still exist anywhere in Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Could have sworn I saw packs of them in Dunnes / Supervalu (granted in Dublin)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

They definitely used have them in Dunnes. I don't shop there regularly, so hopefully they'll still have them.

Definitely saw them in Supervalu yesterday, reckon I did see them in Dunnes the other day so worth checking out both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 groovybabe

FAITH, i totally know how you feel, i just was googling them there and your message came up. its nice that im not alone. i love happy hippos, i actually feel happier when i have one. at the moment, i cant find them anywhere, tescos was doing them up until like 4 weeks ago. i have been surviving on kinder bueno white, but its just not the same......

i think they are still in other countries, so will just have to go abroad reguarly to get our fix!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

Have them(single ones) down here in the shop faith. What part of Cork are you in?

• Advertisement

Single ones seem to be easy to find, but not the packs (there's no way I could stop at one!).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

If you can't find them in Cork and someone finds them in Dublin I'll post them down to you, or just bring some down. What exactly are they and I'll have a look myself. Arr they those Kinder things? Posting might not be an option if they are.

Thanks Bobblehead :). I'm grand for now, but that's lovely of you to offer :).

Have you re-checked Dunnes & Supervalus Faith?
    (I'm in Dublin so there's no point listing the specific ones) but I've found most Dunnes have them

Just to point out - I didn't re-bump this thread :). The Dunnes in town were doing them alright, SP, and I think I found them in a Tesco recently too :).

• Advertisement

Aye I knew you hadn't but thought when you posted that you were still having difficulty, glad to see you found them anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

Faith, noticed them down in Tesco in douglas tonight.

Didnt realise you had got them already, but if you need to stock up, they are in the biscuit aisle, bottom shelf, beside the jaffa cakes :D

Advertisement