Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeats/Resits

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

aine92 wrote: »
    I was confused about this myself, this semester I failed on exam but had a 3.2 GPA to begin with, does this mean that my new GPA overall is 2.0 or does it mean just for that one grade?

I think it's just for that one grade, your GPA may change as it's calculated as an average of all your grades.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

aine92 wrote: »
    I was confused about this myself, this semester I failed on exam but had a 3.2 GPA to begin with, does this mean that my new GPA overall is 2.0 or does it mean just for that one grade?

As Niles said, just that module will be awarded a GPA of 2.0 assuming you passed it. It will obviously impact your overall GPA, but failing a module doesn't mean your overall GPA is changed to 2.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Thanks @Niles and @WeeBushy, I was a little bit annoyed about it because 3.2 to 2.0 is a massive drop in GPA, glad to clear that up. Ye are only great :D

Advertisement