Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downlight Retaining Clips, where to buy

• 12-05-2011 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks, Been trying around but cant find these. Pic attached. Any idea where i can get these clips? Have been offered replacement lights lol its just the clips i need. found them on ebay but if possible would love to pick them up in Dublin this weekend

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I've never seen them forsale separately, doesnt mean you won't get them.

If you have another clip I would probably bend some steel wire of similar diameter into the same shape, should do the same job. Or just buy a spare down lighter for the clip, they are dirt cheap, you'll also use the bulbs at some stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Ok Dilbert :D Cheers bud. i think ill just buy a replacement light so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

You will get these in B&Q in Liffey Valley. I just got the same recently appox. €1.50 a pair

Ronan

Did you get those clips

Martin sorry for late response, ill be going to b and q in about 30 mins to pick em up buddy will report back shortly

• Advertisement

They come in a their branded packaging, containing 2 springs and circular clips

I'll have a few of the clips available - if your stuck

Martin picked them up there, many thanks for your help. scanned the place couldnt find was about to go then asked a young lad working there and got them great stuff. alas my bulbs are not dangling from the roof like fairy lights any more:)
    much obliged buddy ;)

Advertisement