Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky HD and phone socket wiring

• 12-05-2011 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

This might not be suitable for here but since it's a satellite issue in the main I'll post it here and a mod can move it if needs be.

Got HD installed today and everything went smoothly apart from one issue. The phone line which we run to out two Sky boxes was showing up as not connected, even though our phone and broadband work perfectly from it. The engineer told me it had to do with the pins that the Sky box uses in the phone line (pins 2 & 5, from memory).

A few months back we had an Eircom engineer out and he had to rewire the phone jack from which the phone connection for the two Sky boxes comes. Before that everything worked fine (I know as we ordered a fight on box office). I don't think we tested after he left and it seems that when he rewired it he may have rewired it differently than it was beforehand. Now everything but sky works perfectly (well, Sky works, but isn't getting a phone connection).

So, can anyone give me some guidance on how to put it right or am I going to have to call an Eircom engineer out?

Thanks,
    Brophs

Comments

Advertisement