Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaving Cert Business Help

• 12-05-2011 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

i need to get an a1 in business next year and i want to know how much study i would have to do . like should i study over the summer. any particular things i should study ?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Have you followed it this year? Business can be done in a year,no bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mufccfc

ye i have , but what level of study should i do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I got a B1 last year and hoping for an A1 this year. I didn't study over the summer. Just learn 1-5 really well,6 and 7 for short questions. That's what I did anyway,but they're making Q.1 in particular harder,but if you know it inside out you'd be fine.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

practise the answering technique for the exam papers - state your answer, explain your answer and give an example. The level of study you require and someone else requires can be very different depending on how well you can learn the material. It also depends on how much work you have put in this year. If you haven't put the work in this year, then yeah, you probably should do a bit over the summer to catch up on what you haven't done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭irish_man

I'd advise not studying over the summer. Its a bad idea IMO. How much of it will you really remember come the following June. Its a long course but not so long you need to study in the summer.

I'd advise looking at unit 6 & in particular unit 7. (the EU, SEM etc) Its a lovely question. Unit 7 comes up on Q3 in the longs every year.

Make sure you know your ABQ chapters inside out. Theres no option in the question so if you don't know the answer to a particular topic your screwed.

Exam technique is vital. Practice writing out questions and not just learning them. Get a set of papers and do all short questions. At least 5 ones will repeat themselves again if not more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement