Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafones Pre Pay Blackberry Data Plan Question

Options
  • 12-05-2011 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

hi, with vodafones Pre Pay data plan for BB they have it as they automatically activate it when you put in the sim and they charge 50c a day for BIS, im just wondering what happens if i dont have the credit in my fone does it stop BIS or do they take it when you top up next time?

or is there a way to activate it when you want to use it rather than them taking you credit when you dont want to use BIS?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

The daily charge will be incurred if the customer has credit on their pay as you go balance and blackberry.net data is transmitted to or from the device either actively or passively by the user.

Seems like you are only charged if the BB actually uses data. Unless you manually turn data on/off it is likely you would be charged everyday. IT does imply that the service wouldn't work without credit. Who knows how this would interact with the Vodafone IOU scheme.
    Talk to Vodafone forum here might get a better respinse.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

jdunne08 wrote: »
    hi, with vodafones Pre Pay data plan for BB they have it as they automatically activate it when you put in the sim and they charge 50c a day for BIS, im just wondering what happens if i dont have the credit in my fone does it stop BIS or do they take it when you top up next time?

or is there a way to activate it when you want to use it rather than them taking you credit when you dont want to use BIS?

I asked my friend the same Q and she said that when she doesn't have credit, she can still go on facebook but can't leave any comments and also that when she next tops up, they don't backdate the 50c charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jdunne08

I asked my friend the same Q and she said that when she doesn't have credit, she can still go on facebook but can't leave any comments and also that when she next tops up, they don't backdate the 50c charge.

oh ok thats grand if they dont backdate it, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jdunne08

bd250110 wrote: »
    Seems like you are only charged if the BB actually uses data. Unless you manually turn data on/off it is likely you would be charged everyday. IT does imply that the service wouldn't work without credit. Who knows how this would interact with the Vodafone IOU scheme.
    Talk to Vodafone forum here might get a better respinse.

oh so i just thought if i turn off data services in the mobile network settings i can use my fone to ring and text the days i dont use BIS and then turn it on the days i use it , sounds like this might work

Advertisement