Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Networking in Vista

• 12-05-2011 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭

Hi, I hope this is posted in the right place.

I have a problem with a home network running on Vista that is driving me mad.

I have a satellite receiver with hard disc PVR functions, connected to my router and I can see it's allocated IP and MAC address on the device itself and in the routers own table. The Sat receiver can also access the web to retreive RSS feeds - so it is connected and working.

However, I can't get to 'see' the device on my network in order to share it's recorded video files on other pc's. In fact when I look at devices connected to the network, the only items that show up are pc's. I don't see the sat receiver, an internet radio and various phones that also connect to the router.

Anyone know how I can add non pc devices to a network on Windows Vista?
    Previously I added pc's using the usb key method but this is not going to work for the sat receiver - can I add a device using it's IP address?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

You could try entering

\\(IP ADDRESS OF PVR\

into the address bar of my computer? Is it supposed to be available as a network location though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

You could try:

Making sure all networking services related to topology are enabled and running (services.msc)

And OR/

Temporarily disabling native MS firewall to see if that's blocking it.

Advertisement