Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much does it cost to do an EFT to another account

Options
  • 12-05-2011 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

i want to transfer money from my aib account to set up a savings account with uk nationwide.
    Is there a charge for this to do this by EFT?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Yes, varies from bank to bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

With BOI you get free banking if you do 9 internet transactions per quarter and fulfill some other conditions, so it can be free too.

With BOI you get free banking if you do 9 internet transactions per quarter and fulfill some other conditions, so it can be free too.

Op is asking about transfers not account charges.

Op is asking about transfers not account charges.

He asked if there are charges for doing EFT's, and i advised that there is not with BOI, you say there is with AIB, fair enough.

Are boi letting you do free eft to foreign countries?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

BOI insinuate that there is a charge for EFT, regardless of free banking. I can't say for sure as it's been a long time since I had a BOI account.
    BOI T&C's wrote:
    You will be advised of the Bank of Ireland charge for your international payment on the confirmation screen, before you authorise each transaction with your 365 PIN. This charge is in addition to the relevant current account transaction fee, if applicable.

As for AIB, it is free to do a standard Euro payment. However, if you want the payment to be urgent, or pay out of your account in a foreign currency, then there are charges.

If OP has a Nationwide UK Ireland savings account then it would be a euro transaction to an Irish Bank account.

The transfer would still be a foreign transfer not a euro one.

Nationwide UK Ireland is regulated by the FSA in the UK, but they are authorised to carry out banking activities in the republic and their accounts are denominated in Euro, its not an international or fx transaction.
    http://www.nationwideuk.ie/savings.asp

Ok, the op does not make it clear if it's going to be in a savings account in the uk. If it's ireland then it would be free other wise there would be a charge.

Dotsman makes the same assumption.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭thebourke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Um, that's a euro account held by an Irish bank. Nothing foreign about that. All domestic transfers are naturally free*

One thing though, that particular account can't have money deposited (electronically or otherwise), once it is set up, so I'm not sure why you want to be able to EFT to it.

*I assume you have free banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 schoolhouse

go to aib.ie and look up international payments. you cant download the forms there to transfer funds as euro or sterling. charges depend on type of transfer from 75 cent to €25.00. if you have online banking and the swift and IBAN numbers for the uk account do it yourself.:P

Advertisement