Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any change of a Queens Visit sub forum?

Options
  • 12-05-2011 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

For After Hours, tis nothing but QE2 related threads these days...!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

My opinion: With very few exceptions sub-forums tend towards sucking the life out of a good forum group rather than improving them. Case in point the terribly structured television sub-forums and some of the more ridiculous music sub categories.
    While it is frustrating that there have been a number of Queen related threads, try reporting them to us soon as you see em and we'll merge / lock / leave as we see fit.
    At the moment there is one Queens visit thread on page one of AH which is the larger one that has been open for ages and has had many other smaller threads merged into it.
    We can only keep hacking away at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

mike65 wrote: »
    Mike, I know you love the Queen, but lets not go too far mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

AH is popular because of its content.

60% flavour of the month consisting of 1.6 trillion threads on two subject, generally corruption / the government and an other.. dead asians, royal visits orfamous dead celeb related material

25% whats the longest, how many times, whos your favourite threads

5% Re reg troll threads

5% How do i get a girl to have sex with me threads

3% i hate life and want you to hate it too threads

2% i got fisted by a clown in the toilets at Supermacs in Ballinasloe threads

Its a fine balance, if you start subbing out topics to sub headings it will kill the forum and perhaps increase sad stories about run ins with clowns

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

snyper wrote: »
    Its a fine balance, if you start subbing out topics to sub headings it will kill the forum and perhaps increase sad stories about run ins with clowns

Think you missed Mike 65 point ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Gordon wrote: »
    Mike, I know you love the Queen, but lets not go too far mate!

I don't really give a hoot about her, only that AH is nearly 30%* royal visit nonsense at the moment and it'll be total madness from Tuesday.

Some extra modding capacity might well be in order!

*might not be true at any given moment.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Just imagine if she decides to make regular visits... :D

Then it would become so routine as not to be of any great interest, but I suspect this is a one off deal!

p.ie will be worth browsing next week.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I hope there will be as much of a todo when I come to visit next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I don't really give a hoot about her, only that AH is nearly 30%* royal visit nonsense at the moment and it'll be total madness from Tuesday.
    Haha, someone change his name to Victor Meldrew. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

the Dublin City Forum is the same at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Some extra modding capacity might well be in order!

*might not be true at any given moment.

Hint ; Mike wants to be an AH mod for the week.
    :cool::P

:eek: shakes ahead so violently it falls off. :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Epic timing, Mike!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056267752

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

you should have been here back in the day for the recession and government bashing threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Panic not Sir. The Queens visit is much like an unpleasant bowel movement - messy, nasty, but nessecary and soon over and done with.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Whatever about a sub-forum, would it be possible to sticky the main queen thread with a warning that all Liz-related shit is to be posted in there?

It really is getting quite tiresome now and I'm sure the mods are sick of it too.

Just a suggestion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hmph - seems to be a disproportionately big load of fuss over some drag act coming to Dublin..

...or have I missed something? :confused:

Advertisement