Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super mario galaxy 2

Options
  • 12-05-2011 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭

Right lads to start off i never being a fan of mario games but i been looking on metacritic and it has a score of 97 , can anyone tell me if its worth getting , game being out for months and still hasant dropped in price either ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

It won't drop in price 'til the Wii has gone into Gamecube territory, and even that's over a year away. Anyways, it's very much worth the price regardless.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,479 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's one of the most brilliantly designed games of all time.

First party Nintendo titles rarely, if ever, drop in price.

In short: buy it, play it, fall in love with gaming all over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

So is it that good , i tried mario games so many times and always was left scratching my head saying to myself i dont see the appeal , im cautious paying full price for it and it be a letdown again, though everyone seems to enjoy it i may just try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

If you didn't like previous Mario games, this won't change your mind. It's similar to Mario 64 but with a few new twists. If you didn't enjoy 64 I doubt this is for you.

It is bloody amazing though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thought the two mario galaxy games are two of the best games this generation and perfectly deserving of the score. I can't see how you can hate the mario games either though, they're some of the best games ever made, unless you have some prejudice against games that don't have a gritty realistic look. If this is what it is then you won't like this one and I pity you for missing out on it.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Thought the two mario galaxy games are two of the best games this generation and perfectly deserving of the score. I can't see how you can hate the mario games either though, they're some of the best games ever made, unless you have some prejudice against games that don't have a gritty realistic look. If this is what it is then you won't like this one and I pity you for missing out on it.

Not at all , i dont hate mario i respect it alot , i just cant seem to get into them. Maybe its because i never being a nintendo guy i grew up with sonic and sega as a kid . Though i admit mario is one of the greatest franchises of all time , i might just try to get into this .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well as said it's very similar to other mario games so it might not change your mind. However if you do try it I hope it does! It is fully deserving of the score though. It's up there with Portal as one of the most imventive games this generation. It might be a simple platformer but it does some crazy stuff and rarely is one level the same as the last.

Well as said it's very similar to other mario games so it might not change your mind. However if you do try it I hope it does! It is fully deserving of the score though. It's up there with Portal as one of the most imventive games this generation. It might be a simple platformer but it does some crazy stuff and rarely is one level the same as the last.

Might pick it up tomorrow so aswell black swan , i be sure to post my impressions of it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Try CEX on Liffey St, saw a 2nd hand copy for around €25 a few weeks back.

Not played SMG2 but SMG1 was fantastic and SMG2 is meant to be the same but better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Only played the first one but in my eyes it was better than Mario64.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Its amazing (I really must finish it) it really is, its just games design perfection, the levels are brilliantly made, the graphics are great, the music is absolutely superb, some of the best of this generation of games. I couldnt helpy but have a massive grin on my face playing some of the levels and hearing the remixed retro music and loads of nods to the previous games.

buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,630 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Playing the last couple of levels now...totally agree with all the positive comments here. Both galaxy games are superb.

Cant wiat for some sort of 3ds version.

Got it friday and put about an hour and half into it , so far its pretty the music is nice and cheerful but i cant help but feel its im going to be scratching my head again , though it is to early to give my final thoughts i will keep playing for sure.

Right think i can give my impressions of it now, put about an hour in it when i got if few weeks ago my impressions of it then was it was well presented but like every other mario game i played i was like its cool but its not griping me , i left it then for about a week or two and recently i went back into it again, when i progressed alittle bit futher i started to enjoy it more , i havent had this much fun with mario since Super mario bros 3 , like to thank everyone would recommended it :)

Was beginning to wonder if you didn't like it from other comments you left. Hope this is your first stepping stone into the series because the other games in the the series are some of the best ever made.

Was beginning to wonder if you didn't like it from other comments you left. Hope this is your first stepping stone into the series because the other games in the the series are some of the best ever made.

I suppose galaxy 2 makes it confortable now to keep my eye on the franchise , bar the nintendo wii only other nintendo console i owned was the nes , nintendo a great company but i grew up a sega guy then i went to the playstation 1 in 1998 when i was 8 , thanks to the wii i tried out zelda for the first time and liked it very much , metroid aswell was good but i wont be going be finishing it anytime soon. Mario still one of the best franchises ever and always appreciated the games.

I was a Sega fanboy as well but I always knew that Mario was better no matter how much I enjoyed the Sonic games :) If you like Galaxy 2 then Galaxy 1 is pretty much more of the same and New Super Mario Bros Wii is one of the best of the platform games. You really can't go wrong with the series other than the DS mario bros which is a bit uninspired. Also you've got to play super metroid! As long as you know to super bomb the glass tunnel you won't get stuck for ages like I did :(

Mario franchise as a hole is better than sonic but saying that sonic 1,23 are still some of my fav of all time , sega pretty much screwed up sonic making it all bout speed and left out the platform stuff, sonic colours is good compared to the others and om hoping generations meets my expectations.never heard of super metroid though i keep my eye on it ;)

You never heard of it? It's considered one of the greatest games ever made, like top 10 greatest games ever made. It's in my personal top 3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,479 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

never heard of super metroid

!!!

I repeat:

!!!

• Advertisement

Im a noob sure :p

As long as you know to super bomb the glass tunnel you won't get stuck for ages like I did :(

Also, I'm glad I'm not alone on this one.

It's up there with the true ending of Persona 4 in terms of 'random bit you have to consult gamesfaq for in otherwise flawless game'.

Well I gave up on the game because of it. Was watching some random youtube videos and saw the old advert for the game and for the super nintendo and they show you blowing up the tunnel with the super bomb. Ran back to play through the game and other than that bit it was too tough to beat. I think nintenod knew it was a stumbling point so put it in the advert :)

What are your thoughts on that new kirby game , what is kirby like

Kirby on the Wii is meant to be great and very imaginative. Will pick it up when I see it for cheaper than RRP (of course running the old Nintendo risk that this will never happen).

Kirby for me will always be that overpowered bastard in Super Smash Bros, unless you're using him of course. **** you 'Down + B', **** you very much.

I've not played it yet, supposedly it's great if a little too easy. Kirby is a weird series since most of it's games differ wildly in terms of gameplay mechanics. Sometimes it doesn't work but other times you end up with wildly imaginative and excellent games. I really enjoyed, Kirby on the NES, Kirbys Dreamland on the GB, Canvas Course on the DS, Superstar Saga on the SNES but all of these games are quite different from each other.

I didnt like the look of epic yarn for some strange reason , the one that was just announced looks pretty good.

Don't let looks put you off. Anyway Epic Yarn was one of the best looking games of last year, some of the stuff it does with the cloth was amazing.

Advertisement