Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Payment Protection claim [was "aib loan protection nightmare"]

Options
  • 12-05-2011 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

has anyone had a problem getting a loan protection payment and premium refunded.ive been going around in circles .form after form,calls to aib,visits to aib,calls to england to twg who policy is with,aib pulls the old its not down to use even though its aib policy,sick of it at this stage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

On what basis are you looking for a refund?

The main reason as I understand it for getting the premiums refunded is where the policy was sold to an individual who's circumstances were such that they couldn't claim no matter what happened to them and it appears that students fall into this category because you needed to have a regular job and income in order to be covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭jim69

its payment protection on a loan.im out of work since march.had to continue to pay loan plus protection every month and then fill in forms but as yet still awaiting refund.its next to impossible to get money back.if i was told it was english underwriters wouldent have touched it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Sorry, I understand what you're asking now, have you tried the Financial Ombudsman?

I can't see why you should have to deal with an English underwriter, if AIB sold you the product then it's them you should (by rights) have to deal with, it sounds like they took their commission and are now washing their hands of you.

i did point that out to aib.usual response.was involved with ombudsman previously.waste of time.told aib i was going to solicitor,didint seem bothered.im not working.ridiculous that i have to make payments then chase them for money.big scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

coylemj wrote: »
    Sorry, I understand what you're asking now, have you tried the Financial Ombudsman?

I can't see why you should have to deal with an English underwriter, if AIB sold you the product then it's them you should (by rights) have to deal with, it sounds like they took their commission and are now washing their hands of you.

they just sell it under intermediaries act. FSO would say to make complaint wiht twg before anything can be done.

OP, have you made complaint with insurance. also make one with the bank as they may be able to apply pressure to twg to get it sorted

• Advertisement

yes,sent complaint into aib.not hopeful it will do a whole lot

Advertisement