Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra time for some exams 2011

Options
  • 12-05-2011 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Ok. Call me slow but I just copped the red footnote on the LC timetable saying 20 mins extra time for English irish history and other papers. Is this too good to be true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

It said that for last year and it wasn't the case. So no it's not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭conormccarthy92

i heard that people with learning disabilities can sometimes qualify for that extra 20 mins ..... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭danoboy254

But its stated so bluntly. The commission is normally fairly thorough. Why would they say something so confusing at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Most exams are 3 hours... But the ones in red are 3 hours 20 minutes. It's just to highlight that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭AD61

NotExactly wrote: »
    It said that for last year and it wasn't the case. So no it's not true.

Actually the time shown in red is the total time, including the time which has been added on.

This has been the case for a number of years, in subjects which are heavy on writing such as English and History.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Ya the 3 hours 20 mins or whatever the time is includes the extra 20 mins. It is a little misleading. I think there was a similar thread here last year.

Advertisement