Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are you worried about the Queens visit?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Are you worried about the Queens visit?

Well no not really, I will be there on one of the days with friends & family waving at Her Maj, for what will be an historic occassion. The security will be heavy, very heavy indeed, & any attempt by neanderthal IRA folk wont even have time to get off the drawing board, and any attempt to endanger the life of the Queen will be put down with force.

Post 9/11 terrorism will not be tolerated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Predator_ wrote: »
    The majority from an artificially created section of Ireland. The real vote should talk place for the whole Island of Ireland, then we would see what the people of Ireland really think. Not just a pre-defined area largely populated by foreign invaders.
    Focus on the facts. The majority in N.I want to remain within the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Martian Martin

No, looking forward to it like a normal person might.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

No, looking forward to it like a normal person might.

normal sheep more like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

Secondly Kidnapping people and race horses, blowing up shopping centers and smearing **** in prison cells while starving yourself to death is not "fighting for independence". Its extremism at its worst.
    wow talk about a in depth analysis of the troubles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I read as far as 'Queen of the occupiers'..and I couldn't read anymore.

wow talk about a in depth analysis of the troubles

its truth and an accurate analysis care to argue or do you just want to point out how blunt I was?
    Its a fitting analysis because of the nature of what went on and its befitting of the those people
    who carried it out a majority of brain dead sheep following a handful of evil but clever sneaky leaders....the hungerstrikes
    were a great example of this.

Try and argue about it please, do you think those caveman actions were justified?
    or Do you agree with the analysis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I bear HM no ill will. She's 85 for God's sake, hardly likely to arrive in a chariot. How she is received will be a measure of how mature we are as a nation but of course there is always the danger from the lunatic fringe and I've no doubt they're planning at least something resembling the antics at the Love Ulster march. I hope the Gardaí are better prepared this time but if she's delayed she's welcome to drop in for a cuppa. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

Predator_ wrote: »
    The majority from an artificially created section of Ireland. The real vote should talk place for the whole Island of Ireland, then we would see what the people of Ireland really think. Not just a pre-defined area largely populated by foreign invaders.
    I think you will find that every nation/state/country in the world has been artificially created (and often redefined over time).
    And we (or at least our forefathers, if you go back far enough) are all "invaders"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

lugha wrote: »
    I think you will find that every nation/state/country in the world has been artificially created (and often redefined over time).
    And we (or at least our forefathers, if you go back far enough) are all "invaders"

Does not justify the partition which was an affront to democracy.

What i'm really worried about as I had stated in one of the first threads about this topic last year is trouble not really from protesters but the skanger entourage of the inner city who will try to cause any trouble 'as its deadly' to latch onto a cause.

To the severe dismay of anti-republican posters here who thought the riots at the Love Ulster parade was by a rent a mob from NI, these skangers from the inner city and beyond who number in their thousands hate the Gardai and yes hate is a very strong word. They are a particular nasty feature of Dublin life with no respect for other people or their property.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

gurramok wrote: »
    Does not justify the partition which was an affront to democracy.
    I think you miss the point I was making. But that's off topic.

To the severe dismay of anti-republican posters here who thought the riots at the Love Ulster parade was by a rent a mob from NI, these skangers from the inner city
    I certainly never thought that the yobs then were imported and I can't recall anybody suggesting that they were. Yes, there will likely be a bit of grief, but I have faith in the gardai to handle it.

lugha wrote: »
    I certainly never thought that the yobs then were imported and I can't recall anybody suggesting that they were. Yes, there will likely be a bit of grief, but I have faith in the gardai to handle it.

Do you live in Dublin or perhaps did live or experience some of the rougher areas within the city limits?

There is zero faith in the Gardai at tackling anti-social behaviour in said areas where low level violence and general thuggery are a daily occurrence, having faith in the Gardai at tackling any trouble from the same contingent at the forthcoming visit is a bit OTT.

At Love Ulster, Garda intelligence totally failed at tracking the possibility of serious violence from the inner city youth, have they done their homework this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

gurram wrote: »
    Do you live in Dublin or perhaps did live or experience some of the rougher areas within the city limits?

There is zero faith in the Gardai at tackling anti-social behaviour in said areas where low level violence and general thuggery are a daily occurrence, having faith in the Gardai at tackling any trouble from the same contingent at the forthcoming visit is a bit OTT.

At Love Ulster, Garda intelligence totally failed at tracking the possibility of serious violence from the inner city youth, have they done their homework this time?

Leave the Gardai alone..they do the best they can, I don't think they can cover every potential occurrence

ultain wrote: »
    Leave the Gardai alone..they do the best they can, I don't think they can cover every potential occurrence

What a typical standard reply. Well, have they done their homework to thwart the homegrown hooligans this time?

What a typical standard reply. Well, have they done their homework to thwart the homegrown hooligans this time?
    by any chance do you walk around the streets with a bell? God save us all.....read the news!! a mouse shall not be able to fart without permission next week.

ultain wrote: »
    by any chance do you walk around the streets with a bell? God save us all.....read the news!! a mouse shall not be able to fart without permission next week.

So you think. It appears that you have 100% faith in the saturated security next week.

Well answer the question, do you have faith in the Gardai thwarting the hooligan element this time, unlike in 2006?

If you mean do i think no heads will get smacked...on both sides, well then no.

Will there be 'crowd' control with no major damage to the general public (Dead on their feet shops as well) Well then Yes...there is no such thing as 100% faith, unless of course your a suicide bomber..but that kind of thinking is for bell ringers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

There will be the usual fools with camcorders provoking the guards just so they put it on Youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Fittle wrote: »
    I read as far as 'Queen of the occupiers'..and I couldn't read anymore.

The fact that the person got no thanks for such a long post about such a topical issue says it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

What is a west Brit exactly?
    I have seen this thrown around so much of late and truly annoying when people keep calling majority of Dubliners west Brits.:rolleyes:

And no not worried.
    What are they going to do stick a bomb in town when people are going about their everyday lives who are Irish and could be possibly related to them?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

caseyann wrote: »
    What is a west Brit exactly?
    I have seen this thrown around so much of late and truly annoying when people keep calling majority of Dubliners west Brits.:rolleyes:

And no not worried.
    What are they going to do stick a bomb in town when people are going about their everyday lives who are Irish and could be possibly related to them?:rolleyes:
    They've never been above killing Irish people in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

€30 million to police it. Now we see where the priorities really are. Enough said!

gerryo777 wrote: »
    €30 million to police it. Now we see where the priorities really are. Enough said!

The Garda didnt even like that part either.Half of them are struggling with their own debts as is.
    And if another person says tourism will be on up because of these visits i will seriously cry.Another red herring like the Lisbon treaty.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

It seems Gurra,that they may well be a bit more "together" this time around.

Reports that "normal" District court business has been suspended and replaced instead with,what amounts to,24 Hr Court Availability is a major indicator that the "usual suspects" will find the stage has been rearranged somewhat.

As any visitor to the "normal" courts will attest,most of the regulars generally arrange their lives around the various remand or bail applications hearings as well as the "mentions".....for these folks a Court appearance holds no particular threat.

However,much of this lack of impact is down to the arcane procedures which surround Court sittings,with delay and cancellation being high amongst them.

This 24 Hr Court Sitting business will not go down at all well "on the street".

I would be surprised if the Gardai are not watching this particular aspect very closely indeed as to it's effectivity in removing convicted crim's directly off the streets as opposed to the usual oul nonsense of in-out-in-out of the local station with nothing except a mountain of meaningless forms to show for it. ;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

No the sticking of bombs in Dublin killing Irish people was loyalists mo.
    And Monaghan, but that's not what I'm talking about. The troubles are chock-a-block with incidents of republican thugs killing Irish people. Ronan Kerr is the most recent example.

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    And Monaghan, but that's not what I'm talking about. The troubles are chock-a-block with incidents of republican thugs killing Irish people. Ronan Kerr is the most recent example.

That is a police man how ever wrong,they are not going to stick a bomb in middle of Dublin.So stop scare mongering.

The only thing that might happen is if thugs from loyalist side bent on trouble and thugs from Republican side meet.Then move very quickly.

Wow i hope Dublin city stays standing.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Boards.ie = Therapy

That is a police man how ever wrong,they are not going to stick a bomb in middle of Dublin.So stop scare mongering.

The only thing that might happen is if thugs from loyalist side bent on trouble and thugs from Republican side meet.Then move very quickly.

Wow i hope Dublin city stays standing.:(
    That's not that you said, you said they aren't going to kill Irish people. I pointed ou the the IRA is far from above killing their own people when it suits them. And I'm not scare mongering, nothing will happen because these groups have neither the support, means, or (due to increased security) freedom to implement such a scheme.

Well I won't be in Dublin for the day but if two groups of thugs meet it will develop into nothing more then a street brawl. Which is thankfully easily managed by the riot police and will more importantly take place no where near the Queen.

Don't worry, this will be nothing like the love Ulster riot, Dublin will be like nothing has ever happened. Just enjoy it while it lasts, nobody does pagentry like the British and we aren't genetically obliged to hate all things to the east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭conscious

This is just all hype from the media, they have been building this **** up for months and months. Nothing is going to happen to the queen or obama

• Advertisement

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    That's not that you said, you said they aren't going to kill Irish people. I pointed ou the the IRA is far from above killing their own people when it suits them. And I'm not scare mongering, nothing will happen because these groups have neither the support, means, or (due to increased security) freedom to implement such a scheme.

Well I won't be in Dublin for the day but if two groups of thugs meet it will develop into nothing more then a street brawl. Which is thankfully easily managed by the riot police and will more importantly take place no where near the Queen.

Don't worry, this will be nothing like the love Ulster riot, Dublin will be like nothing has ever happened. Just enjoy it while it lasts, nobody does pagentry like the British and we aren't genetically obliged to hate all things to the east.

You are wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    IRA would never ever put Irish lives at risk ever.
    Stop associating IRA with the people who are calling themselves that now.
    And all people who want to blow up or kill someone in Ireland are well able to exactly like Terrorists who pretend to be doing in name of Islam do and have done.

Why is it important wont take place near Lizzy,her monarchy caused it she should witness it first hand.Who cares if she sees it or not,do you consider her an almighty high being better than everyone else?? lol

I wont be either luckily wont have to see the fakeness of it all and the butt kissing.

Advertisement