Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Station roundabout

• 12-05-2011 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Following on from the thread about the south side of the bridge; I'd just like to say something about the north side.

Why do people from the bridge, turning right, go around the outside of the roundabout? The markings indicate the left spur for turning left, the middle lane for straight-on only (the station) and the right for turning right (Ferrybank).

The anomalies of going around the outside lanes to turn right from the other two directions are clearly marked and I understand that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Dum_Dum wrote: »
    Following on from the thread about the south side of the bridge; I'd just like to say something about the north side.

Why do people from the bridge, turning right, go around the outside of the roundabout? The markings indicate the left spur for turning left, the middle lane for straight-on only (the station) and the right for turning right (Ferrybank).

The anomalies of going around the outside lanes to turn right from the other two directions are clearly marked and I understand that.

I can totally understand why people get flustered at that,
    I go on it the hole time and for some reason I can be sure im in the right lane, i get totally bamboozled every time if if you told me exactly what to to I reckon Id still be straching my head getting on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Right I have to admit I always go turn left using the left lane here.

http://goo.gl/maps/DPq5

I thought that lane was also for left turns I 'll check it out tomorrow.

Maybe it was changed I have been using that lane twice a day for 7 years.

I always thought after the slip road to the N24 the road said N25 on both lanes.

Actually it is, so you can use the left lane for the Ferrybank dual carriage way.

http://goo.gl/maps/jJw4

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

Im pretty sure that left lane is for straight to the station only, Dunno if those N25 paintings are still there.

It can be frustrating but the real dangerous one is ppl coming west on the ferrybank dual crg, in the left lane and going straight on to sally park. Dunno how there isnt more accidents in that roundabout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Most dont bother looking at the markings for this roundabout.

Same coming from sally park side.
    Lots of drivers take the inside lane when turning right which is fine for Bridge street but when you intend going down the quay you should be in the outside lane so there's no need for lane hopping on the bridge.

The amount of people who blow me off the road when im in the right lane is annoying. Amazed there hasn't been more accidents on that roundabout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

As far as I remember(cos I was wondering myself and looked) is that you can use both lanes for going right onto the dual carriageway. The left lane can also be used for accessing the station.

Just another instance of the city council making up their own rules for roundabouts which just confuses people more.

Its not wonder that people cant use roundabouts properly in this city and its surroundings.

The roundabout at the start of the motorway to kilkenny springs to mind. I've had no end of trouble at that roundabout from people using the lefthand lane to turn right towards the city.

Maybe people should read the rules of the road!

• Advertisement
Advertisement