Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV camera for driveway?

Options
  • 12-05-2011 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭

hi and thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Im looking for a cctv camera for my driveway, want it to be sublte, easy to operate, record, and hopefully cheap :D, what would be my best option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

hi and thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Im looking for a cctv camera for my driveway, want it to be sublte, easy to operate, record, and hopefully cheap :D, what would be my best option?

How much is cheap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ha I dont know i dont know much about cctv cameras im pretty sure the prices can vary hugely? :o

Ideally id like something reliable, and user friendly.

The more you pay the better the quality in most cases. The best thing to do is go into a few of the suppliers on the list here and view before you buy. Most importantly have a look at the playback as if there is an incident you need to view it will be saved to what ever system you buy.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its really a massive market. You need to have a budget in mind.
    Single camera into basic DVR I would be starting at €600+

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Homer

What exactly do you want it to cover?? Just a general view of the driveway or do you want it to be able to clearly identify people even at night? Where will the camera be mounted in relation to the driveway?
    As mentioned you will need a DVR to be able to record and view remotely via the web.
    Give as much info as possible so the good folks on here might be able to better recommend a solution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Homer wrote: »
    What exactly do you want it to cover?? Just a general view of the driveway or do you want it to be able to clearly identify people even at night? Where will the camera be mounted in relation to the driveway?
    As mentioned you will need a DVR to be able to record and view remotely via the web.
    Give as much info as possible so the good folks on here might be able to better recommend a solution.

Basiclly i just want it to cover my fathers car which is parked at the top of the driveway, his cars been keyed five time in the last year and a half. Yeh id need to be able to clearly identify people at night because thats when it seems to be happening.

We have a small extension to the front of the house so was thinking just below the guttering on that, its a one storey extension. If posible id like the camera very subtle as i dont want it to put the person off i want to catch them in the act.

Yeh ok and could you buy a camera and dvr package?

Yeh sorry about that, ill give all info that is needed, just not sure what that is.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A fairly tidy & easy job if it can be all done from the attic.
    You will need some form of decent lighting if you want to identify someone at night time.
    Take a look over the suppliers sticky
    You can shop around some of the suppliers there if you are thinking of doing this yourself.

Basiclly i just want it to cover my fathers car which is parked at the top of the driveway, his cars been keyed five time in the last year and a half. Yeh id need to be able to clearly identify people at night because thats when it seems to be happening.

We have a small extension to the front of the house so was thinking just below the guttering on that, its a one storey extension. If posible id like the camera very subtle as i dont want it to put the person off i want to catch them in the act.

Yeh ok and could you buy a camera and dvr package?

Yeh sorry about that, ill give all info that is needed, just not sure what that is.

Condor security have a room set up for this which is not far from you.

Advertisement