Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Request/Merge/Update

Options
  • 12-05-2011 9:32pm

I wanted to make a thread in the forum request section but it won't allow me too.

I was wondering could we get an update of the game forums?

Basically the problem relates to one particular grouping. There are currently two sub groupings under ''Shooter'' named Half-Life and Counter-Strike.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1151

Both of these titles are Valve productions, Valve don't make that many titles and those that they do make, share a resemblance, and have long term community support.

The Counter-Strike forum, is some what active and primarily used as it's named.
    But the Half-Life forum is more of a Valve forum containing more threads about other Valve titles then Half-Life.

Both of these titles are years old without a new addition in years.

Would there be any chance to merge one or both into a Valve forum?.... the idea came up after a new Left for Dead thread popped up in the games section.

Left for Dead is Valves most recent and popular IP with a solid long term community but it's hard to keep a thread up to date in the games section.
    Giving it a section of it's own would make more sense then holding slots for some of the shooters listed but an overall Valve section could group these 4/5 titles into one neat pile

Counter-Strike could effectively continue as a sub forum.
    But the Half Life forum is currently serving as an unofficial Valve forum, and seeing as it's not named aptly the traffic one could receive for a L4D thread(that section) would never be as high as it would, if it was named ''Valve Games''.

Maybe altering the Half-Life forum to a Valve forum and even adding Counter Strike, it could create a more active section for talk on those older titles and the current Valve productions of L4D and Portal.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

+1!

Please do this! I play a lot of Valve/Steam games but never know where I'm supposed to post about them since none of the individual forums are particularly active.

A Valve/Steam heading would be utterly amazing since I think PC gamers who don't play MMOs need a home here on boards, the individual forums are dominated by console players and I, as a PC diehard, feel constantly out of place :(

Sorry to bump but all the other threads here are getting answers?

Theres nowhere else to post this but here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

It is a good idea and I support it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

I'll talk to Dav about this on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Have you spoken to any of the Games mods about this? It strikes me as a pretty good idea, but I'll need to talk to the mods involved first.

• Advertisement

Dav wrote: »
    Have you spoken to any of the Games mods about this? It strikes me as a pretty good idea, but I'll need to talk to the mods involved first.

When I hit a dead end with the ''forum request'' section being shut, I PM'd ''Retrogamer'' seeing as he is a Mod on the ''Games'' section of Games.
    Just asking his opinion as I taught the Mods of the forum would have a say anyway(and also about where to inquire) but he informed me it was out of his jurisdiction and he wasn't sure of the avenue.

From that I posted in here.

Any update on this by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Was only thinking that a couple of days ago when I was looking around the site, +1!

CORaven wrote: »
    Any update on this by any chance?

This is where the tumble-weed blows on by. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

The admins are currently catching up with the backlog of forum requests. It'll be a while before we got to this but we will get to it (honest!).

• Advertisement

Any update?

Advertisement