Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaving Cert Poetry textbook

• 12-05-2011 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

We are in the middle of putting our booklist together and am just looking for some additional feedback on which textbooks you think are best for Leaving Cert Higer and Ordinary Level Poetry.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭eager tortoise

We use New Discovery (Edco) in our school and I find them perfectly fine. However while having a look through some of the other books on offer in Easons I thought that the Poetry Focus book (Gill and MacMillan I think) looked interesting - nice layout and plenty of colour. Didn't have time to read the notes etc though but I will be checking it out properly before next year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Poetry Focus is written a very experienced LC examiner - Martin Kierans. I find the notes fantastic!

However, to save reordering on our book scheme I use New Explorations as it covers the poetry for several years and I prefer to give my own notes. I find that books with reams of notes tend to confuse the students and they end up with way too much info and no idea how to put it into an essay.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nicmc

Thanks for the feedback, we choose Poetry Focus in the end :)

Advertisement