Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nightmare of dealing with a Gardai and UCD girl.

Options
  • 12-05-2011 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

the story was just happened today.i just can not simply get over it. if you have spare time, just simply read it for fun. i am so unhappy with there manners.

got a email from A UCD girl for my laptop.and then took half day off work, in order to get laptop ready for sale.

took me 45 minutes of driving from Bray to the Heuston station, where she would like to meet me.

got text from her that she would be late for another 30 mins. everything seems fine to me.

about half an hour later, An Gardai came to my car and showed the badge, cos he suspect me as a criminal. and start checking my laptop and receipt, and also ask for my ID, Which i did not carry them with me today.

forget to bring the wallet with me, surely i talked to him with attitude,but without any "F" words, he was yelling at me on street, and told me that "you are a "F" criminal, cos you did not carry your driving licence,and wanna arrest me, if you do not "f" watching your attitude...

and then he took my laptop and asked me drive to the kilmainham Garda station. once we were in garda station parking yard, the gardai asked me whether i would like to sell it to her. cos i have been though so much thing, obviously i would like to complete the trade, the girl starts to tell me that she need to go to bank, wants me to give her a lift. well. i did, and then she said that she could not get enough money from ATM. she has to get money from her home. okay. i did drive her home on south circular road. and then she came back and told me that no money left in her house. she might contract me over the weekend, and meanwhile i can sell to someone. and also she is sure to buy it. but i got whole bunch of her text in handset
    "Hello,
    i've seen your ad on gumtree and would interested in purchasing. Do you have the charger included with the laptop? I would be interested in buying it on the spot with cash if I could come and check it out (turn it on, etc).
    let me know if this will be possible,
    Caragh "

oh my lord, i am so angry with everything. she fooled me over and over again,:mad:

at end of day wasted my whole afternoon and petrol for nothing. what will you react to this, if you are me?:mad:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

gilbert wrote: »
    what will you react to this, if you are me?:mad:

Personally i'd go up a water tower with a rifle..sometimes its the only way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

How did the girl manage to not show up at Heuston to suddenly be in Kilmainham garda station?

The reason you were questioned by Gardai was most likely because of the upcoming visit of Queen Elizabeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭gilbert

Degsy wrote: »
    Personally i'd go up a water tower with a rifle..sometimes its the only way.

half days effort has been wasted for nothing, and make me feel so bad and unhappy:mad:

How did the girl manage to not show up at Heuston to suddenly be in Kilmainham garda station?

The reason you were questioned by Gardai was most likely because of the upcoming visit of Queen Elizabeth.

nah, the Gardai just came to me straightway, and called my name at spot. :mad:

not really sure about it. Gardai mentioned she lost her laptop two weeks ago, which is similar to mine. but that is good excuse to rude my day,right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

about half an hour later, An Gardai came to my car and showed the badge, cos he suspect me as a criminal. and start checking my laptop and receipt, and also ask for my ID, Which i did not carry them with me today.

forget to bring the wallet with me, surely i talked to him with attitude,but without any "F" words, he was yelling at me on street, and told me that "you are a "F" criminal, cos you did not carry your driving licence,and wanna arrest me, if you do not "f" watching your attitude...

Aren't you legally obliged to carry your driving license with you when you are driving?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Just forget about it,we all have bad days,no point worrying about it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

If youre driving you need a driving licence with you at all times or its penalty points time
    If youre out of the car you dont need to carry it
    I leave mine in my car at all times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

^^^ indeed you should always have your licence on you, many people dont, but i still dont think that is enough of a reason to be shouted at by a guard, or be brought to the station,
    am i missing something in this story:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Sounds like she thought you had her laptop after it was stolen. hence the garda involvement.
    Then she copped it wasnt hers, and did what all girls from that dump of a college do and **** you around. Youd swear they did a compulsory module on how to be a ****bag in that place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

If youre driving you need a driving licence with you at all times or its penalty points time

To be honest, I've been in 3 cars, including my own, where people have left their licences at home and have been stopped at checkpoints. On one occasion the guards didn't mind, they were just looking at tax and insurance and on the other two they just said bring it down to the garda station tomorrow and it's grand. I've never heard of penalty points being given out even if it exists in law.

Actually, when I'm out of the car I do need to carry it. Firstly, if my car is broken into I can do without the hassle of my drivers licene being stolen and possibly used in identity fraud as well as a damaged car. Also, it's the only government ID that fits into my wallet. I'm not going to carry my passport around when I head out for a pint.

• Advertisement

hollypink wrote: »
    Aren't you legally obliged to carry your driving license with you when you are driving?

i am not really sure about it. but i did mentioned that i was in rush and forgot my wallet, i can either bring it to garda station later or he can came with me...
    Just forget about it,we all have bad days,no point worrying about it now!

yeah,i agree with u, but today is so much to me. seriously! the worst part was i stupidly dropped her home after all mess, nice trick. :mad:

at that time my was parking slot, i was just simply sitting in the car. and i think that knoa is right about the whole story.
    bladebrew wrote: »
    ^^^ indeed you should always have your licence on you, many people dont, but i still dont think that is enough of a reason to be shouted at by a guard, or be brought to the station,
    am i missing something in this story:confused:

nah, was not a randomly stop & search....kona is right about the whole thing.
    kona wrote: »
    Sounds like she thought you had her laptop after it was stolen. hence the garda involvement.
    Then she copped it wasnt hers, and did what all girls from that dump of a college do and **** you around. Youd swear they did a compulsory module on how to be a ****bag in that place.

i think you are right about everything, and the girl told me that she would contract me for the laptop in weekend. at that time i was realized that she fooled me.
    <mod snip> well donw! :mad::mad:
    To be honest, I've been in 3 cars, including my own, where people have left their licences at home and have been stopped at checkpoints. On one occasion the guards didn't mind, they were just looking at tax and insurance and on the other two they just said bring it down to the garda station tomorrow and it's grand. I've never heard of penalty points being given out even if it exists in law.

Actually, when I'm out of the car I do need to carry it. Firstly, if my car is broken into I can do without the hassle of my drivers licene being stolen and possibly used in identity fraud as well as a damaged car. Also, it's the only government ID that fits into my wallet. I'm not going to carry my passport around when I head out for a pint.

my case was not simply about whether carrying Driving licence with me or not? i had never heard any apology from either gardai or <mod snip>, and been played for the whole afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Sounds like somebody was a victim of the fake phone number in a nightclub trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Gilbert - No identification of private individuals in this thread.

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

what will you react to this, if you are me?:mad:
    Remember to bring my licence with me and not give the Gardai attitude when they're speaking to me.

It's crap that you were effectively falsely identified, but it could happen to anyone I suppose. Wrong place, wrong time.

If you think the Garda's behaviour was unacceptable, file a complaint with the Garda ombudsman. Forget about the girl, she's just a gob****e who used you to get a free lift home.

Har har har!:rolleyes: . Since they are easy enough they give em out to everybody, However as it progressed I realised that every girl Ive ever been involved with from that college has been a selfish self centred ****. I prefer to chase my women now, ya get what ya pay for(or work for).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

However as it progressed I realised that every girl Ive ever been involved with from that college has been a selfish self centred ****.

Surely that says more about your choice in women than it does about UCD graduates, no?

cosmic wrote: »
    Surely that says more about your choice in women than it does about UCD graduates, no?

Then why is it only the UCD ones that have been like that! I found the ones not attending to be sane.

I do attract some freakshows though. has its good and bad side i suppose haha :D

But yea I dont go near UCD women, and Im not suprised when my mates get the treatment too. Maybe Ill be proved wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I'm one! And my boyfriend seems happy. Or so he says... hmmm!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

Don't shove us all in one box Kona! :P

Typical, UCD girl worried about what Box shes going in :pac:

• Advertisement

Typical, UCD girl worried about what Box shes going in :pac:

Eh?! What am I not getting here?

gypsy_rose wrote: »
    Eh?! What am I not getting here?

Its just a joke :)

Its just a joke :)

Yeah, I know but I don't get it. Unless you mean I want to know which clique I'm in, which I'm always like so totally stressing over :P

gypsy_rose wrote: »
    Yeah, I know but I don't get it. Unless you mean I want to know which clique I'm in, which I'm always like so totally stressing over :P

your probably better off not getting it,means your more refined than me :p haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Nothing to do with Dublin City at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement