Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing baby's bottles on a plane?

Options
  • 12-05-2011 10:17pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Yes, another holiday related question :o

We're bringing Cillian away in a few weeks and I'm wondering what are the restrictions on liquids when it comes to your baby's bottles?

Are the liquid rules still in place at all? I thought I'd read somewhere that they were being lifted?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have not had a problem flying with cartons of formula,bottles of evian,bottles of baby juice and baby bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Not a problem. If you have cartons... no problem. If you have bottles actually made up then you may be asked to sample them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

theres talk all right of the rules being lifted but that'll take a while yet as theres new scanners needed.

Its very random as to whether you will be asked to sample the bottles or not, but in principle baby foods are allowed in quantities needed for the journey.
    The wife has travelled with our 18 month old on maybe 6 return flights and only once was asked to sample the foods herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

In the US they dipped the milk (to test for explosives).
    In ireland i was asked to sample it, and in the uk it was dipped.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Thanks guys :) yeah I think I'll just bring a few dry bottles and seperate cartons/juice jars etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭magztar

I was flying at xmas and didnt have a bother,I showed them to yer man and he said nothing..Saying that my friend travelled last year and had to sample them!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MusRo

I go back and forth to Ireland from the UK regularly and am nearly always asked to sample the formula, even if I bring a sealed carton. I've always had to open the carton and taste it. It's not a big deal but do be prepared to have to taste :) Thankfully my wee one is moving onto cows milk now :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

MusRo wrote: »
    I go back and forth to Ireland from the UK regularly and am nearly always asked to sample the formula, even if I bring a sealed carton. I've always had to open the carton and taste it. It's not a big deal but do be prepared to have to taste :) Thankfully my wee one is moving onto cows milk now :)

I've tasted it before by accident (opening a carton with my teeth) Not my cup of tea :o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Wrighty82

I'd allow anything that keeps a child from screaming on a flight :mad: even if it contains poison or it ticks

Advertisement