Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

golf & cycling holiday in Mayo

Options
  • 12-05-2011 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

We are looking at spending a week in August in Mayo and I am looking for a place to base ourselves so that we can play golf 3-4 days with possibly a cycle of 20km in afternoon. We would like to Play Westport Golf course. We also want to cycle the new greenway path. Where would be the best town to stay in? We are thinking of Westport but maybe there are other quaint places that we should consider. What other golf courses would be recommended ? Are there other places that are good to cycle that would not have too much traffic? We will be bring our own bikes.

Also looking for recommendations on a place to stay mid budget we like good food and old style bars so any tips welcome. We are also thinking of spending 2 nights on Achill and hope to cycle there also. Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Achill that is close to a few pubs and places to eat and that would have a sea view either a guest house b&b or hotel would suit.
    If anyone knows about any greenfee deals that would be great also. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Wow, Colleen, you don't ask much but you are lucky that there is an open week in Westport from July 29 to August 7 and I think the competition fee will be around €25. You will also find open days in Claremorris for €15 and Ballinrobe (brilliant course) for €20. The hotel in Newport is probably the best place to stay if you want to use the greenway. The hotel in Mulranney will be more expensive. There is a pub across the bridge in Newport (can't think of its name) but it does great grub and brilliant prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭coleen

Thanks for that I know loads of questions, but that how you find out things !
    Coleen

Advertisement