Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian restaurant in Limerick?

Options
  • 12-05-2011 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hiya,

Can anyone recommend a vegetarian or at least a healthy restaurant in Limerick (which will prob. have at least one vegetarian option)

Advice appreciated - thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

If you're not from Limerick take a look here, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055507096

I've found Limerick most restaurants to be dreadful when it comes to vegetarian options, even the best places only have one or two. You're always guaranteed a good meal in an Indian, you really can't go wrong with any of the ones in the city, especially Copper & Spice.

Apparently there's a place called The Grove on Upper Cecil street, never been there though, might be worth checking out.

I don't know if the grove is still around.
    Only went once, and it was rough then.

There is a place that does lunch on the campus in UL.
    Ciarans, it is in Dromroe village. It is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭SilverLiningOK

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I don't know if the grove is still around.
    Only went once, and it was rough then.

There is a place that does lunch on the campus in UL.
    Ciarans, it is in Dromroe village. It is nice.

Ciarans was closed down when I visited UL a couple of weeks ago. It looked as if it was gone out of business. When I last eat there, sometime last year, it wasn't great. It had lost its way. The portions were far too small for the money and the menu was hit and miss really.

Limerick is really not a great place for vegetarian food. I always bring my own food as one couldn't depend on finding anything suitable. Indian might be ok. The Jasmine Chinese on O'Connell Street isn't too bad as they have a new menu where you can get with the usual sauces with vegetables and tofu.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 tassajara

I found a couple of nice restaurants for vegetarian food in Limerick. The Cornstore on Thomas Street normally has a few vegetarian options on their a la carte menu, as does Tuscany Bistro out in Annacotty. Poppadom and Copper & Spice have loads of vegetarian curries as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Nando.

This site www.dinerplace.com provides good information on Limerick Restaurants. You can also book a restaurant on-line, avail of On-Line Discounts and Special Offers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement