Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Limited Access?

Options
  • 12-05-2011 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭

Myself and my brother use 2 laptops in the house, today his laptop won't connect to the internet with a limited access icon everytime i try connect through wireless

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Is the laptop set to automatically obtain an IP address?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

how do i check that? we've had no problem with this until today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

1. Configure the connection to obtain an IP address automatically

a. Click "Start", input "NCPA.CPL" (without quotation marks) to Start Search bar and press "Enter".
    b. Right-click the network connection and click "Properties".

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

c. Click to highlight "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)" and click "Properties".
    d. Check "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically".
    e. Click "OK".
    f. Click to highlight "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and click "Properties".
    g. Check "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically".
    h. Click "OK".
    i. Reboot the computer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

limited access is when the pc doesn't get a good enough ip from your router.
    nothing to do with upc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

Yeah, it looks like UPC is a bit knackered at the moment. It was really flaky last night and dead when I got up this morning. Got back from work and it's still down.

EDIT: Seems to be up again, but slow and dropping connections at random.

EDIT EDIT: broken again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

done all that and still no luck

Advertisement