Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i get a student loan

Options
  • 13-05-2011 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

I will be starting college in September and cant get the grant. i have a stable enough income with my disability allowance and a good sum of saving in the credit union. how much is the maximum amount you could get? and would i be in a good shot of getting one?:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Dont see any reason why you couldnt to be honest.My brother (just finished first year) borrowed 5K two months ago to buy a car.The repayments are €20 a week so very manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Dont see any reason why you couldnt to be honest.My brother (just finished first year) borrowed 5K two months ago to buy a car.The repayments are €20 a week so very manageable.

Would that mean he is only paying the interest?

All banks do a very good student packages with interest free over drafts and reduce rate loans. I'd wait till aug/sept to see what they are offering for the new student packages. They normally start the offers then.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Might need a guarantor also depending on the amount of the loan

• Registered Users Posts: 14,677 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    Might need a guarantor also depending on the amount of the loan

any loan over €600 for a Student needs a guarantor I believe. I'm open to correction though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

last september i got a 450 euro student credit card, and a 650 euro student overdraft from ulster bank with n oquestions asked. you just have to prove youre a full time third level student.

not a huge amount of dosh, but it may help to tide you over! good luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement