Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Video] A short drive around Galway at night

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

Right Lads Part 2 is ready
    Warning contains colourful language !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIdYYN-50kI

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Very good... I remember the vid the audio was taken from where a driver was being held up by slower rally driver. I must have another look at it :)

Good job :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭sc000by

OK Guys - in response to numerous suggestions, here's all the video links in one place - credits are: TheCosmicFrog (for starting it off), BornToBe? (for the first edit suggestion), Notch000 for (both sequels), PopeBuckfastXVI (for the YouTubeDoubler version) - oh and Sc000by (me for the original).

Original:

Sequel 1:

Sequel 2:

YouTubeDoubler: http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?video1=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dlt1KhwoaPBw&start1=248&video2=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DQ6KiqCDn1f4&start2=22&authorName=PBXVI

Maybe we should have a Need For Speed in every town - better than Google street view (for the streets driven on). Question: should we be pixelating number plates, faces etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭yeehaw

sc000by wrote: »
    Maybe we should have a Need For Speed in every town - better than Google street view (for the streets driven on). Question: should we be pixelating number plates, faces etc?

Without wishing to offend, perhaps rather than worrying about people's privacy, you should worry about how you are spending your time if you deem this a worthwhile use of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Are you his mother or something?, He could be into video/audio production or one of many other reasons to produce this.

Your post is idiotic and it looks like you are the one wasting your time posting crap

no need unless you get a better video camera................

yeehaw wrote: »
    Without wishing to offend, perhaps rather than worrying about people's privacy, you should worry about how you are spending your time if you deem this a worthwhile use of it.

Trying to decide whether this even warrants a reply - eh - NO! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

what exactly was "time lapse" about the first video :?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭drBill

Tsk tsk someone must have gotten out of bed the wrong side this morning!

But if the only thing one had to worry about was the the use of time making a short video, wouldn't your world be a happy place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ok, back on topic folks thx

DRakE wrote: »
    what exactly was "time lapse" about the first video :?

Nothing: video speed / 4 = actual speed...

if i may what drake is saying is that the oringinal clip is not technically a time lapse at all, it really just a video speeded up (what ever thats called-fast motionish). A time lapse is a photographical technique making a film using a serious of still images taken over time and played back as a video at a much faster rate then originally taken, where time itself appears to lapse or 'speed up',
    ex
    Then again maybe yours is a time lapse, but i dont think using video counts
    That is all

Notch000 wrote: »
    Then again maybe your is a time lapse, but i dont think using video counts
    That is all

Photography and video are coming closer all the time. Anything faster than 25 frames per second (or thereabouts) is video. Pick up any high end camera nowadays and see how fast they can shoot. The original video is not time lapse, it is original speed x 4, rather than /4 as scooby specifies. Oh, and it's rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Great video! Something to look at in the future maybe too.

Photography and video are coming closer all the time. Anything faster than 25 frames per second (or thereabouts) is video. Pick up any high end camera nowadays and see how fast they can shoot. The original video is not time lapse, it is original speed x 4, rather than /4 as scooby specifies. Oh, and it's rubbish.

video speed / 4 = actual speed

This sign '/' means 'divided by'.

Let me be explicit: video speed divided by 4 = actual speed.

Would you like to retract your statement above where you claim I specified the opposite?

No - I didn't think so because I have learnt since starting to post on boards a couple of weeks ago that you have no useful contribution to make.

By the way - I am a full-time PhD student in NUI Galway (researching energy efficiency in data centres). The reason I am filling you in is to make the point that you should not make throw-away comments about how people spend their time when you have no idea what they do with that time.

The only part of your statement I will not contest is that the video is rubbish. This is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I disagree - but then again - you make that very easy.

Please display a modicum of maturity in future by stopping to consider your comments before clicking 'Submit'...

Thank you!

video speed / 4 = actual speed

This sign '/' means 'divided by'.

Let me be explicit: video speed divided by 4 = actual speed.

Would you like to retract your statement above where you claim I specified the opposite?

No - I didn't think so because I have learnt since starting to post on boards a couple of weeks ago that you have no useful contribution to make.

By the way - I am a full-time PhD student in NUI Galway (researching energy efficiency in data centres). The reason I am filling you in is to make the point that you should not make throw-away comments about how people spend their time when you have no idea what they do with that time.

The only part of your statement I will not contest is that the video is rubbish. This is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I disagree - but then again - you make that very easy.

Please display a modicum of maturity in future by stopping to consider your comments before clicking 'Submit'...

Thank you!

Get a job hippy.

Get a job hippy.

Oops did I forget to mention that I am also employed by the NUI Galway IT Department as a programming tutor - for which I receive a monthly salary. We generally refer to this situation as a job. :cool:

Oops did I forget to mention that I am also employed by the NUI Galway IT Department as a programming tutor - for which I receive a monthly salary. We generally refer to this situation as a job. :cool:

Get a life then.

Get a life then.

I will begin my search for a life immediately.

My apologies if you feel excluded from that life at any stage in the future but I prefer to surround myself with positively-minded people making useful contributions to whatever they decide to do - an activity you appear to be less than familiar with :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

yeehaw banned

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Get a job hippy.
    Quick, insult him so he won't notice you were horribly wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

ciano1 wrote: »
    tour of Galway by motocycle vid

This is worth watching if only for the difficulty he has with the street names .. and the info about the tunnel in Eglington St.

Advertisement