Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Fowler87 wrote: »
    +1 But the bloody demo is too short:pac: I probably wont play it now til the actual release cos ya need at leaset 7 min halves to get a proper feel for the game. But its gonna be a gud un I reckon:)

Too short?? Its not like it takes half an hour to start another game..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Too short?? Its not like it takes half an hour to start another game..

I think I know where he's coming from, it usually takes me a few minutes to settle into a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Yea it is a little annoying having the games so short. And I hate having to play penos if it's a draw. Normally just score og's if its very late in a game and a draw. Saves the hassle of penos.

Still enjoying it though. Love the new tricks and the tackling. Still finding through balls are over hit this year, but that will just take getting used to from last years, I think it will end up being a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Never played fifa. Always pro evo... how the hell do you score the peno's?

shizz wrote: »
    Never played fifa. Always pro evo... how the hell do you score the peno's?

Same as Fifa 11, here's a tutorial I found on youtube.

Theres an advanced one there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

im starting to like it now that i changed back to fifa11 defending, although i think the game is very slow and less "fun" than fifa11, i guess it will get better as me and my brothers get better at attacking etc..i just cant use my tactics in this game. do all of you feel your tactics need changing in order to play how you used to?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Played a few games there, seems alright. L1+X seems to be better on manual, was always over-hit on Fifa 11 I found, which meant you couldn't do them near the touchline.

The new defending will take some getting used to, but it's a much improved setup in theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Yea it is a little annoying having the games so short. And I hate having to play penos if it's a draw. Normally just score og's if its very late in a game and a draw. Saves the hassle of penos.

Still enjoying it though. Love the new tricks and the tackling. Still finding through balls are over hit this year, but that will just take getting used to from last years, I think it will end up being a good thing.

I never turn down the practice of penalties - especially if games could be a lot closer this year.....

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    I never turn down the practice of penalties - especially if games could be a lot closer this year.....

I see were your coming from but I feel confident enough taking penalties. Sure most people I play online refuse to play penalties anyway. "Extra-time only" instead of "extra-time and penalties".

Fully agree with Topher on the defending. The only system was madness anyway. Much better system having an actually button to make a tackle when the time is right.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Semi-pro seems too easy like last yr and professional seems too hard,its like trying to get through a brick wall.

• Advertisement

There's a Twitter Q&A with "FIFA 12 Career Mode supremo" Simon Humber up on EA SportsFIFA - http://www.ea.com/uk/football/news/fifa12-humber-qa-02

FIFA Ultimate Team Web App goes live in two days. Wonder how many early day sharks there will be! Gonna have to wait til release myself :(

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

The demo on xbox i beat the left back and when i was the furthest player forward i crossed to a player who was further behind but was called offside. The player who was offside had a defender between him and the goalie.
    They better sort that bug out...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Don't know if this was posted before, but it's hilarious.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thats brilliant,I take it there bugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Kiith wrote: »
    Don't know if this was posted before, but it's hilarious.

Funniest. Video. Ever.

Had me in absolute stitches. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Slower pace means I'm not sure what keepers are like - not that many opportunities in games so far. CPU has scored some nice goals against me :(

Seem good to me. I've played a few games with Man City and Joe Hart has made some amazing saves! In my opinion, he looks much more life-like and realistic in this game - just his movement in general seems very Joe Hart-esque. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

FYG wrote: »
    Seem good to me. I've played a few games with Man City and Joe Hart has made some amazing saves! In my opinion, he looks much more life-like and realistic in this game - just his movement in general seems very Joe Hart-esque. :o

Aye,he's one speedy fecker in really life

• Registered Users Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Thats brilliant,I take it there bugs?

its an EA game. so yea....

Really hope some of the collision stuff is ironed out for final release (and players will try to avoid players acting as tripwires)...While amusing, it's not how I want to lose a game!

🤪

Really hope some of the collision stuff is ironed out for final release (and players will try to avoid players acting as tripwires)...While amusing, it's not how I want to lose a game!

I dont mind them too much , they are kinda funny. Its the red cards im more worried about .

• Advertisement

I dont mind them too much , they are kinda funny. Its the red cards im more worried about .

Thankfully haven't been a witness of that as yet. Though I have seen some bad tackles gotten away with...I'd say there's a bit of tweaking done since the demo - that seems to be the impression from Twitter, but not long left to test that theory out.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

App was up briefly and taken down again...

First pack is all bronze, but plenty of cards.

Get two packs if you had a team before - mixed player cards. Can get any mixture of classifications (gold, silver, bronze)

Daily pack - I got four items...

Seen some people get the likes of Nani, Rooney, etc......I got Petrov (didn't think it was possible to have 50 pace) and Behrami.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Hopefully not part of the real game, but here's a goal that won me this particular game, thanks to Martin Riggs going in goals for the opposition :D

Linky

(EA Servers were down at the time so I had to save it on the phone. Apologies for the crap quality)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I haven't had a chance to play the demo yet cause of no live but I watched that video a few posts up and it seems like players are just falling about the place!

What is it like to actually play. Do they run into each other often?

Anyone curious about Ultimate Team interface or the crushing disappointment that you can expect from opening packs:

🤪

jonny666 wrote: »
    I haven't had a chance to play the demo yet cause of no live but I watched that video a few posts up and it seems like players are just falling about the place!

What is it like to actually play. Do they run into each other often?

My friend linked me a video off an incident he had.

Personally I've had about 5 games and it hasn't happened once.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

anyone see per mertesackers stats. His pace is 39 !!!!! thirty bleeding 9 was in stitches for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

ultimate team back up there now?

• Advertisement

Working fine for me...

🤪

Advertisement