Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭bridgemond

Had my first go off the demo today and I thought it was ok.
    Tackling wrecked my head but sure a week and I will be used to it lol.
    I hope the player growth is much better in this one, Was shocking in fifa 11.
    I hope they bring back in the staff upgrade's in career mode like in fifa 10.

Also I wonder what the easy way to score will be this year.
    Like fifa 11 a lobbed through ball and your in. Fifa 10 it was so easy to lob the keeper etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Got the early release on the us store have to admit finish product is great :D

Seems like most bugs are removed , currently losing 3-1 online to utd :(

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Download available via season ticket 50% for me at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭kensutz

How do you get the season ticket?

Edit: Got it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

FYG wrote: »
    Pfft... I am hopeless at manual! :o

Your actually not though! New game out, stick it out on manual for a while.. ya can only get better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Im enjoying it so far, I never played fifa 11 too much so it may seem alot more improved to me than other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Lads whats the story with the season ticket for the xbox? I've been hearing that you can't play it till tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

How much does the season ticket cost for ps3? And once you get it can u play if from now on?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Only problem with season ticket for me is, att 6.5 GB for FIFA 12 with my internet connection, it would probably finish the download late on Thursday...

Did they release it early on the xbox european store aswell or did ye just download it from the us store?

• Advertisement

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Did they release it early on the xbox european store aswell or did ye just download it from the us store?

Yeah this is what I don't get.

It says on the fifa site play it 3 days before the game is released but I think thats just for U.S customers because its released there on the 27th.

Surely we wouldn't be able to play it till Tuesday 3 days before its released here.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Has anyone downloaded and played it on an Irish account?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Yea I'm wondering the same my self. They have been very unclear about it. Poor from EA really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

The Season Ticket thing wasn't available in Europe (on PS3), has to be used on an American account to the best of my knowledge.

Haven't been able to find any manual games online yet, rather disappointingly. The gap between assisted and manual isn't as large as in previous versions on first glance thanks to the slower play and removal of the second player pressure abuse thing, but the assisted players still have way too much of an advantage when it comes to shooting. You can keep them to one or two shots in a game, but those shots still get placed perfectly by the computer.

Uroboric_US is my US account, if anyone's up for playing a few games at some point.

I've a friend on my friend list playing it and he said it was from the european store so I'm downloading it now.

To get the season ticket you go to Game Marketplace, A-Z, go to E, and there is a thing just called 'EA Sports' you download that (41mb) and you can buy season ticket there.

EDIT:

Also, it says FIFA 12 expires in 4 days 8 hours from now. So thats midnight on Wednesday. And 2000 MS points is €24, half the price of the full game, now I'm a FIFA crack head at the best of times, but that is just ridiculous.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

EDIT:

Also, it says FIFA 12 expires in 4 days 8 hours from now. So thats midnight on Wednesday. And 2000 MS points is €24, half the price of the full game, now I'm a FIFA crack head at the best of times, but that is just ridiculous.

That's ridiculous alright.

I'm going to leave it. Not paying half the price of the full game for a few days extra play. Think I can wait another few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

so basically you have to pay €25 if you want to play it now and then you have to buy the game for €50 on friday? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

EU people on my friends list are playing it so.....make of that what you will.

We have until the end of tuesday and then it locks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

man I really can't get to grips with this tackling, do you lot use this jockey nonsense or just press the soft tackle button when close?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

playing online is ludicrous.. guy scored 6th minute and i sh*t you not, passed around back 4 for the rest of the match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

miralize wrote: »
    playing online is ludicrous.. guy scored 6th minute and i sh*t you not, passed around back 4 for the rest of the match.
    Serious? Thats the shít I hate the most.

Its going to be even more easy to abuse that tactic now since you cant have automatic pressure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

James__10 wrote: »
    so basically you have to pay €25 if you want to play it now and then you have to buy the game for €50 on friday? :rolleyes:
    Yup.... some people really are fools with too much money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Have the guys that are playing it early bought the season ticket?

miralize wrote: »

Set up a formation where you have have something like 2-3-5 and a tactic with 100/100 pressure and what ever the second defensive option is.

This was highlighted as a problem years ago, can't believe they didn't do anything to solve it.

One thing I would recommend would be to think outside the box, don't always try win the ball yourself and keep switching player, maybe call a team mate to ball and stand near or on one of the CB's constantly, completely remove the option for them to pass it to a CB, they'd at least have to start long passing.

But best way would be to set up a stupid formation with 2 defenders

Anyone who is gritting their teeth at the sight of people on their friends list playing FIFA 12, you can watch a selection of Live Streams on Justin.tv if you search FIFA 12.

http://www.twitch.tv/scriptermone this guy is a Londoner playing ranked matches, pretty funny watching and gives an idea what online would be like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Kirby wrote: »
    Yeah I would second that. Legend and all that but he is clearly passed it. He gets confused so often in every match and forgets who the new players are. Bit of a shame for a man known as the memory man.

The first sign of losing Your memory is remembering trivial facts from your youth, This is how Ive thought of Jimmy Magee

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Wow im shocked by the amount of people that are playing the Fifa 12 early release. Paying 25 quid for a few days early of playing fifa and then having to fork out another 40-55 quid! Seems like a complete rip off to me or am I missing something? :confused:

Anyways would be interested to know what is it like to play online h2h. Without the pressure system I have visions of games turning into one guy getting a goal and passing it round his back four for the rest of the game.

Also is there any option to turn back to the legacy defending mode for online play?

Advertisement