Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Töpher wrote: »
    Yeah, you pick your team, jersey, formation/squad prior to searching for an opponent. Yet to see what happens if you've both picked similar coloured jerseys. As for the matching up, I'm putting it down to the limited number of players online, it's happy enough for a similar setup to be Stoke on manual (with 3 at the back, expecting a similar ranked team :eek:) against Chelsea or Real Madrid on assisted. Managed to win a couple, so that kept me appeased. That scenario should change as the number of players goes up though. Hopefully.

Very similar to the set up to the WC game. I like that though cos there will be no messing sorting out yer team formation/squad for every ranked game esp if yer like me, who sticks with the same team for a while.
    Töpher wrote: »
    Playing online seasons, there's no extra time or penalties option available, a draw is a draw. That should keep those who hated the penalties relatively happy. They were my best shot at winning games though, loved the system! :pac:

Good:pac: Im alrite on pens but the keeper always saves them. You can testify for that Topher! Dya get the game early too btw? Il be waiting another week after Friday Id say:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Apparently you pick your team before searching for a game now. So, 3 star team players will be put together and same with those that only play 5 star...

ah no, does that mean your gonna get a load of Barca V Barca? and Utd V Utd etc??

hate that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Yeah, the lack of messing about waiting for some clown (me) to start messing with the team is nice. Have that early release thing on a US account, bit costly, but with my shift setup I've more time to play during the week than over the weekend (assuming this deal from thehut arrives on time, probably won't though).

Penalties are awesome. Same spot almost every time (once there's no lag, otherwise they go right to the keeper). Virtually unstoppable! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Apparently you pick your team before searching for a game now. So, 3 star team players will be put together and same with those that only play 5 star...

That's fantastic. I can finally play as Leeds online!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

boiledeggs wrote: »
    Not similar but kinda the same, I stopped playing fifa 11 online because of people non stop picking Barca and Real, I would give whoever I was plying against a chance to pick someone different or I would back out, Why can't 2 people online have a great stoke vs Aston Villa match. Best games I ever played were against my friends when we pick random Korean or Seria B teams etc...

I support Wolves and they are a three and a half star team. So the engine tries to match me up with similar teams. The operative word being tries. I usually end up with a 4 star team like Villa or Newcastle and thats not too bad. But occasionally you get Utd and Chelsea and that can be tough. I've more losses than most people due to this but I've still been promoted twice so far so its going well anyway.

I'm hoping that this is because only about 5% of the playerbase have the game so far and that in a week it will be much better. When I get West brom, QPR or swansea it usually ends up with a right cracker. I beat West Brom 4-3 in my last match which felt great, obiously :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

blaa85 wrote: »
    That's fantastic. I can finally play as Leeds online!

Maybe now I can play online as Sheffield Wednesday or Celtic without having the other guy picking Inter bloody Milan.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I heard that if you pick a 3 star team you get linked up with another person who has picked a 3 star team etc?

Is this true? I hope not won't be able beat the 5 star slags with lower teams if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Finical wrote: »
    I heard that if you pick a 3 star team you get linked up with another person who has picked a 3 star team etc?

Is this true? I hope not won't be able beat the 5 star slags with lower teams if so.

Yes. You pick your team, formation, etc. before you get matched with an opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tommy89

I was looking at the EA sports forum and I seen someone say that in career mode when your playing champions league (champions cup or whatever its called) or carling cup games during the week that they are played during the day time even though it says a game time of 8pm in November.

If this is true its a big oversight in my opinion.

• Advertisement

I got this last night and whilst the game is good it has its flaws . I had a big problem with passing. It was a problem i had with fifa 5 years ago. picking a 3 star team , i want to pass to my guy with 2 defenders either side of him , it seems to go to one of them. Or i am trying to pass to another player , he just stands there and another player further away starts running for it.

I also feel like i am fighting my own team is stead of playing opposition. I find the computer's AI is superior to my teams AI. Again for a loose ball, my player is closest. He stands there whilst i rifel through the other plays to gain control of him. By that stage the computer who was further away already has the ball .

My Defense seems to be terrible. 1 little mistake and i have let in a goal. Maybe this will change when i get the hang of it. I find it very difficult to dispossess the ball.

Up front is were this game is great. You really feel like you have achieved something when you score a goal. The last time i felt like this for a football game was PES on the PS2. I will play a bit more tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

For anyone struggling with the tactical defending in Fifa 12 demo/game. Re map your buttons.

I changed tackle and team mate pressure back to X and O respectively. Then use R1 for contain. I dont use contain a lot. I prefer to use Jockey L2 instead.

Hated the changes at first. But has definitely grown on me. I think the trick stick will be key to skinning players online this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

eioneill wrote: »
    For anyone struggling with the tactical defending in Fifa 12 demo/game. Re map your buttons.

I changed tackle and team mate pressure back to X and O respectively. Then use R1 for contain. I dont use contain a lot. I prefer to use Jockey L2 instead.

Agree with this. Helps a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just went to Gamestop to pre-book, and they had a kiosk with the full version of FIFA 12, so I had a little play.

Scored a beast with Ashley Young :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Wow... Lucas and Suarez look nothing like the real thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Wow... Lucas and Suarez look nothing like the real thing...

Haha Reina looks like a serial killer:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Futbolero

Does anyone how can you play leagues? Like I want to play the Bundesliga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

- You can edit the game. You can set how much errors the cpu make or that your own team make by going to settings in the pause menu

-Penalties are given for nothing

-in career mode the loading time between days is much quicker.

-Its annoying how often transfer bids come in...you cant mark a player not for sale.

-goalies seem to be poorer.

Thats all ive noticed so far.
    Anyone know if the downloaded fan chants have improved? They were very faint in fifa 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Akenny010

I wonder will it be released early in some shops again..

Online- do you have to play the defending the new way?
    Or can you change it back to Fifa 11 way?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

you have to use the new way.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Thankfully you have to use the new way.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

-goalies seem to be poorer.

I just can't agree with you on that. The keepers have been immense compared to previous years. Some of the saves that have been pullied off are mindboggling much much much improved this year.

FYG wrote: »
    Thankfully you have to use the new way.

HATE the new way. its a goal fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Wilbertorama

anyone know if anywhere has released it early?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

anyone know if anywhere has released it early?

This thread is probably your best bet.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056389496&page=3

No good news yet though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can anyone else not connect to psn network?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Lad on Twitter just tweeted that Stewart Downing is in the World XI

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

That_Guy wrote: »
    Lad on Twitter just tweeted that Stewart Downing is in the World XI

HAHAH that's ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Played more last night. This is like fifa from a few years back. I have started to notice the opposition is psychic. Whilst running down the wing hotly pursued by a defender. I press pass. My player waits to slow down to preform this pass. But the defender new this pass was going to happen and stood in the position my player was to pass to and of course takes the ball.

I didn have to switch the xbox off as a controller was going through the TV trying to play this game. Going back to FIfa 11

Oh Irish teams dont qualify for Europe again .

Advertisement