Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Played more last night. This is like fifa from a few years back. I have started to notice the opposition is psychic. Whilst running down the wing hotly pursued by a defender. I press pass. My player waits to slow down to preform this pass. But the defender new this pass was going to happen and stood in the position my player was to pass to and of course takes the ball.

I didn have to switch the xbox off as a controller was going through the TV trying to play this game. Going back to FIfa 11

Maybe it was just a poor pass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭The Left Hook

FYG wrote: »
    Maybe it was just a poor pass?

no i pressed the button for pass, the defender ran into the position that i was passing to , the player then slowed down and passed there. Go back a few years ago , fifa was the same. You player in the middle , its a clear pass. You have the opposition on either side of you . These guys seem to be more responsive then your player not only that but every now and again the ball goes to them . Pain in the hole of a game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Oh Irish teams dont qualify for Europe again .

**** sake :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭raheny red

Servers are down for me right now! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Fieldies Dreams

i no its out 2moro but could you buy it in places that are open 24 hours,like tescos...wud they put it on shelves after 12?

• Advertisement

raheny red wrote: »
    Servers are down for me right now! :(

Down for maintenance. I saw a message when I was playing UT.

Probably getting ready for the game being officially released tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

i no its out 2moro but could you buy it in places that are open 24 hours,like tescos...wud they put it on shelves after 12?

yes... there's an entire thread on it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Tesco selling it from midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Gamestop in Blanch are open late

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

just had my first online game, seems slow as hell also picking your jerseys before you see your opponent??

another thing that annoys me is that villa are ****e.. just like real life :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Bent, Agbonlahor, Albrigthon and Nzogbia. I've played them mate, its a scary frontline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

try playing with them dude :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I have Insomnia in my ultimate team. He's very good. 90 pace.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Kirby wrote: »
    I have Insomnia in my ultimate team. He's very good. 90 pace.
    Pity hes still a generic looking guy. Im pretty sure he even publicly asked EA if they would map his face this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Have about a fiver to my name so gonna trade in Dead island.Hopefully it will be enough for a straight swap :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

It was a bit annoying getting the game early and finding the ea servers were down, ah well played a game against the ai and turned it off.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mr Moon wrote: »
    It was a bit annoying getting the game early and finding the ea servers were down, ah well played a game against the ai and turned it off.

:P

political-pictures-nicolas-sarkozy-smallest-violin.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Relative newby to the FIFA world, made the big change from Pro Evo for 11. Just a quick one, what game mode are people mostly playin at the mo, online?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm finding professional very hard to play,its like the A.I knows my every move and semi pro is just too easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Is there actually much of a difference at all in gameplay between 11 and 12? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Liking the new injuries, especially when you're chasing an attacker and he just falls off the ball with a hamstring injury :D

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭coadyd

so was going to buy this today as one of my 4 games per year I buy . is it worth it I have FIFA 11

coadyd wrote: »
    so was going to buy this today as one of my 4 games per year I buy . is it worth it I have FIFA 11

I'd say no if you're looking for gameplay. The new features are good but you know they could have put them in 2 or 3 years ago but just hold it back to make this version look better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'd say no if you're looking for gameplay. The new features are good but you know they could have put them in 2 or 3 years ago but just hold it back to make this version look better.

Thats the trouble with sports sims, if you get it right 1st go, where to you go from there, just update the squads, people wouldn't pay the money.

Was thinking of not getting FIFA this year but its the only game my mates play, so I caved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

How can you change the commentator to Tydsley and Townsend?

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Thats the trouble with sports sims, if you get it right 1st go, where to you go from there, just update the squads, people wouldn't pay the money.

Was thinking of not getting FIFA this year but its the only game my mates play, so I caved

Do you think this is right though? I still think there's a few problems which piss me off. Defenders running into no mans land is still the biggest problem and it makes me want to smash my controller into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

does anyone know if its possible to change the time of day in a match in career mode? ever game i play seems to be a default sunnny day. i want to get the night time setting

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Anyone downloaded their clubs alternative FIFA cover yet?

Downloaded the Newcastle one which can be found here.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/1/fifa12-club-pack-newcastle

There's a Chelsea one too and I'm sure there's others too. Official club websites would have a link I'd imagine.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

What's People saying Tydsley and Townsend as commentators?

I thought it was Tyler & Alan Smith?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

thebison wrote: »
    What's People saying Tydsley and Townsend as commentators?

I thought it was Tyler & Alan Smith?
    tyldsley and townsend for cup games and the sky commentators for everything else

Advertisement