Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Absolutely loving this online season mode. Playing as Leeds and it actually puts me up against similar teams. I was fearing Man City or Barca, but it actually works. 4 wins, 2 draws and 0 losses so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Why no my country lobby and my country ranking??:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 thorshammer

kinda hard to adjust to the new defending im sure ill get the hang of it in time ! but overall im loving the game so far :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

kinda hard to adjust to the new defending im sure ill get the hang of it in time ! but overall im loving the game so far :)

I've given up :pac:

I'm having a lot more success with taking control of the covering man and leaving the CPU to do the one on one defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Haha Reina looks like a serial killer:pac:

Looks like the monk from Mean Machine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

How can you do a head to head match online that's ranked? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

How can you do a head to head match online that's ranked? :confused:

Best bet is probably go to the lobbies.

I dunno are the season mode matches ranked or if they are separate or what's the story. I miss the my country rank thing and my country lobbies. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

online season is a good addition but i found after figuring out the defensive system is the exact game as before! getting bored already may have to switch over to the manual side :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Whats this bullsh1t about? Installed the game (PC) and now its downloading a 3.3gb update!!

But infairness it did cost me only 34.99 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

thebison wrote: »
    What's People saying Tydsley and Townsend as commentators?

I thought it was Tyler & Alan Smith?

You can change the default commentators to Tydsley and Townsend if you want. Otherwise, they will just commentate on cup games.
    Finical wrote: »
    I dunno are the season mode matches ranked or if they are separate or what's the story.

They are ranked games. It's the exact same as all other years, just with "seasons" added for interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Anyone else having trouble connecting to the EA servers?

Anyone else having trouble connecting to the EA servers?

I'm connecting fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

FYG wrote: »
    I'm connecting fine.

Hmmmm, have been onto EA online chat twice and they're giving me the run around so. They're telling me that there's a known issue and that the servers are down and they're working on them etc etc.

Apparently from other forums, there are issues with some EA profiles not having the correct online privileges set for FIFA 12.

Will give it a bit longer before I take out my "medieval on their a$$" card I suppose. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Lads, I'm so bad.

I'm being really stubborn and refusing to drop down from World Class, but I am suffering big time because of it.

I'm not the worst defending, actually, I think I'm coping well with the switch to tactical defending, but there is ALWAYS 1, sometimes up to 4 times in a game where the computer is just too error free and there is nothing I can do to prevent the goal. It's as if the AI predicts your move and does a trick or something and hops free. And I can handle that, it's football, I like the AI playing good stuff, but the AI defence is drilled like an army unit. At this case if I score a goal I go mental, as they are so hard to come by.

There are some huge problems with the Player Impact Engine. Far too often are fouls by the AI not called and some ridiculous penalties given against me, which is a shame because it's spoiling the game somewhat.

I am really enjoying it. It's bloody tough, but after last year where I started a Career with Blackpool on Legendary and got bored after 7 wins in 7 games, it's a welcome challenge. Havent touched online yet, because I want to be confident in my defence before I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Can you control your keeping in 1V1s as in you can dive with the keeper from a shot like a peno??:confused::confused:Hope that makes sense.:o
    Also I remapped the contain and circle tackle button, just swapped them, but when I go into a game, they go back to the original set up, only happens with those 2 buttons. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

fúck - anyone else fly off the handle every time they concede?

Can you control your keeping in 1V1s as in you can dive with the keeper from a shot like a peno??:confused:

Was wondering that too! I know you can't, but I had a one-on-one online earlier and the 'keeper seemed to dive in the right direction before I had even taken the shot. Didn't seem like a normal save. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

From reading the EA forums, people are giving out about the new goalkeeper feature. Summit about pressing select during a ranked game and the ai can do all the defending for ya while you just control the keeper:confused: Pretty stupid and pointless feature by EA if true..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

New height form virtual pros is 6ft 10 lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Really liking it now. Took 3 games to get a good hold of possession but now I'm improving greatly holding the ball. The game suits my attacking style much better as button mashers are easily avoided now with the extra onus on defending.

Cleverley is class in the game. Really impressed with the revamped career mode.

• Advertisement

Loving the game so far. Pity I'm away for the weekend.

Played three online and won them all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Le King wrote: »
    Really liking it now. Took 3 games to get a good hold of possession but now I'm improving greatly holding the ball. The game suits my attacking style much better as button mashers are easily avoided now with the extra onus on defending.

Cleverley is class in the game. Really impressed with the revamped career mode.

I dont know what it is, as he is 73 overall, but himself and Anderson are my two best performing CMs, including deadline day Bastian Schweinsteiger (his signing made Carrick hand in a transfer request, lulz).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Anyway to change the music in the game, perhaps to something from my own collection

Hating all this pop/indie crap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Anyway to change the music in the game, perhaps to something from my own collection

Hating all this pop/indie crap

Yeah I'm wondering how could this be done? And how can I upload the fans chants?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

The new way with the jerseys is stupid...3 times already colour clashes:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Smarmy

It's not really a big deal overall but it's really annoying me that there is no commentary Names set for either Chicharito or Cleverley. I think this is quite poor from FIFA especially in Chicharito's case as he was one of last seasons stand out players.

Aside from that I'm really impressed. The defending is hard but it's good as it was too easy last year to press until the ball is won. Now I get really annoyed when I lose possession as I know it's going to be hard to win it back

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Smarmy wrote: »
    It's not really a big deal overall but it's really annoying me that there is no commentary Names set for either Chicharito or Cleverley. I think this is quite poor from FIFA especially in Chicharito's case as he was one of last seasons stand out players.
    Wow that is shocking! So what does the commentary say when he is on the ball? Do they just say Man utd have possession etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Really enjoying it so far. The new defending system is much better IMO, tough to get used to though.

The one thing that's driving me insane is the commentator sounding drunk when pronouncing Rodellega as ''Rudufhewfeiufhweicdwdc''. I've even had to sell him on my UT because it does my head in :pac:

It's a small complaint in fairness though. Cracking game!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

Lads findin it hard to get a game online in head to head mode. It says my firewall status is restricted. How can i change this?

• Advertisement

Marco85 wrote: »
    Lads findin it hard to get a game online in head to head mode. It says my firewall status is restricted. How can i change this?

You have to change the settings of your router. You'll need to put an address like 1.1.xxxx or something like that into your browser - the place where you can change all the settings for your router/internet.

Someone else will probably explain it better. :o

Advertisement