Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

FYG wrote: »
    Marco85 wrote: »
    Lads findin it hard to get a game online in head to head mode. It says my firewall status is restricted. How can i change this?

You have to change the settings of your router. You'll need to put an address like 1.1.xxxx or something like that into your browser - the place where you can change all the settings for your router/internet.

Someone else will probably explain it better. :o
    If someone could explain it better that wud be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

fúck - anyone else fly off the handle every time they concede?

Most of the time, because most of the goals I concede are retarded. My opponent continually walks through my defense moving left to right dodging my defenders. Really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Most of the time, because most of the goals I concede are retarded. My opponent continually walks through my defense moving left to right dodging my defenders. Really annoying.

Been playin all day and still conceding goals like that. Its so frustrating. Im having trouble with the way the buttons are mapped. Its very awkward to sprint jockey and then change player.

Ive tried changing around the buttons but its limited. If I change some of the defensive controls the offensive ones change too. Does anyone know if you can map any button to any action you want?(xbox)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Seems you can change back to the old way of defending.Ofline at least anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Soby wrote: »
    Seems you can change back to the old way of defending.Ofline at least anyway

Offline you can, but not online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Gotta say though, it's a much better game even though I'm shoite at defending. Loving playing online with Sligo Rovers, wasn't able to do that in past games. Usually get paired with Norwegian or lower league English sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

haven't lost a game yet in FUT, 4 wins 1 draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Loving this! Played 6-7 hours when a friend came over earlier. Mixed between us playing each other and ganging up against online warriors! Some great goals, great interplay, trick play can be rewarding, defending is interesting...Just seemed really good fun! I will say that the AI is single player is tough - mind reading abilities :)

Only issue in Ultimate Team - friend pressed the wrong button when signing in (at the jersey screen) and it booted us to title. Apparently we lost that game without stepping onto pitch. Maybe a way to prevent people backing out of games (which we certainly did in the past - pointless playing against a 5 star, 100 chemistry team when we were finding our feet), but I'm not a massive fan of it...Mainly because I mostly play UT with friends so if sign-in goes wrong, a loss would be a pain.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Love the new online, they fixed a lot, less quitting too, I'm getting torn to pieces though and loving it. The offline challenges are kinda cool too, wonder how long they're going to update those?

While random teams is fun, I was on the wrong side of a colour clash..absolute nightmare..pretty much two white jerseys against each other...frustration...really makes things harder

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Smarmy

Tinie wrote: »
    Wow that is shocking! So what does the commentary say when he is on the ball? Do they just say Man utd have possession etc.?

Usually when the player receives the ball the commentator says nothing. It is a bit shoddy from them but no real impact on the game tbf. Usually I get sick of commentary after a few weeks and just listen to music while playing lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Smashing so far, really enjoying it

Starting to get used to the new defending, making the odd obvious mistake but have made some heroic recoveries.

having just played the PES12 demo (and I was always a PES man till last year) FIFA is far and away the superior. No fluidity to the game.

If anyone want a game user PS3 username is dionsis.

Also can I say the reviewing of games and awards disconnectors a loss is AMAZING additions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

I'm really REALLY impressed, and yes, I think it's better than the demo :p

I dunno what word really sums it up though, you're more liable to lose possession if you're not playing the right passes. Players seem to have more movement. All seems a lot smoother. From the way you can take quick throws to the more natural looking celebrations, I'm delighted with the game.

Ultimate Team looking very good too, 12 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss....

Actually, on that, was 5- down to some lad, pulled it back to 5-5, he went 6-5 up, I change it around and got 7-6 up and he levels at the death with an absolutely stunning over head kick and we draw 7-7...

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

how up to date are the squads in fifa 12 on release? Are nasri and fab still at arsenal or are they releasing an update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I hate broken tailbone injuries, both of my top goal scorers out for 4 months each :(

much less fouls. flows so much better

i just cant play fifa 12 anymore. Im goina bust a blood vessel. Most frustrating game ive played in a long time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

jonny666 wrote: »
    i just cant play fifa 12 anymore. Im goina bust a blood vessel. Most frustrating game ive played in a long time.

I agree!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Anybody else talk to the press yet? I slated Kenny Dalglish and his team a day before a match against them. Made them very aggressive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

cant find a game at all, keeps freezing at the load screen. Was working grand earlier.

• Advertisement

I agree!!!

Haha it's good to know I'm not the only one freaking out!! I've hopped my joypad off the wall a few times already! No game has done that to me since NHL '93 on the megadrive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Haha it's good to know I'm not the only one freaking out!! I've hopped my joypad off the wall a few times already! No game has done that to me since NHL '93 on the megadrive.

I seem to be able to do well against the computer on semi pro but if I bump up the difficulty to professional its like the A.I knows my every move :eek: and they get goals out of nothing :mad:

I seem to be able to do well against the computer on semi pro but if I bump up the difficulty to professional its like the A.I knows my every move :eek: and they get goals out of nothing :mad:

I'm playing career mode on world class. I think im goina have to drop it down to professional for my sanity and see how I get on.

I'm playing career mode on world class. I think im goina have to drop it down to professional for my sanity and see how I get on.

and semi-pro is just too easy

and semi-pro is just too easy

i seem to have found my level on pro. they are still scoring goals by walking through my defense but not nearly as often as on world class.

Any one else finding it easy enough to score? Even on world class i was scoring 3 or 4. They were just scoring more!! All seem to be shots from just outside the box im scoring from too

Edit: Something I noticed. When you are defending on the wing outside your box. I tend to use contain there and try and force em back more centrally. If you make a tackle on the wing and miss its nearly always a goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

does fifa 12 need a code to play online like fifa 11?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Indeedy it does.

you do indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

The code is inside the box on a leaflet if you bought the game brand new!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Right, I've given it a good spin and my heads wrecked with it. It's such a frustrating game.

That impact engine is so buggy it's amazing it made it past the testing. Crash test dummies comes to mind. At one stage I conceded a goal against Utd and Berbatov fell over one of my defenders twice as he went to celebrate and bounced off the ground! It's just silly looking.

It's too slow, like running through treacle at times.

The default camera angle is brutal.

It's a goal fest. Goals flying in left right and centre. Keepers are shocking.

It seems I'm in the minority as everyone seems to think it's an improvement but I'm struggling to see it right now.

P.S I won't give up on it just yet but my head is melted with it right now. The gameplay is what I'm talking about in particular. All the modes and new online match features are great and the overall presentation of the game is top notch.

Advertisement