Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Never really bothered with the Ultimate team team but am thinking about giving it a go, Can someone explain to me exactly what it is and if its worth playing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I just started a season with UCD and it said in the news feed sligo and so and so was trying to challenge for Europe.So ya's sure irish teams cant qualify ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

i was playing with man city last night,
    accidentally put tevez in goal (few beers on board)

he played the whole game in goal , made some unbelievable saves!

checked the stats afterwards, he was 88 in goal !?!

WTF?

loving the new game though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

As I said, it's buggy as hell is this FIFA. Update!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

derv wrote: »

WTF?

Don't think the overall stat changes when you move players around.

Also. When did pressing the back button(select on PS3) change to being the goalie?

I got some shock when i hit it, expecting nothing to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Just playing fifa now, haven't played a game yet or even the demo. So excited. Career mods looks great with youth team and that :) So exciting :D

Just another thing, if you send a player on loan. Are you able see his stats at the end of the season, how many apps he made etc?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Soby wrote: »
    I just started a season with UCD and it said in the news feed sligo and so and so was trying to challenge for Europe.So ya's sure irish teams cant qualify ?

well now thats interesting,keep us posted if you get into europe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Batesy wrote: »
    Right, I've given it a good spin and my heads wrecked with it. It's such a frustrating game.

That impact engine is so buggy it's amazing it made it past the testing. Crash test dummies comes to mind. At one stage I conceded a goal against Utd and Berbatov fell over one of my defenders twice as he went to celebrate and bounced off the ground! It's just silly looking.

It's too slow, like running through treacle at times.

The default camera angle is brutal.

It's a goal fest. Goals flying in left right and centre. Keepers are shocking.

It seems I'm in the minority as everyone seems to think it's an improvement but I'm struggling to see it right now.

P.S I won't give up on it just yet but my head is melted with it right now. The gameplay is what I'm talking about in particular. All the modes and new online match features are great and the overall presentation of the game is top notch.
    Agree with everything here. Complete head melter. Playing online and opponents keeper and defenders are mind reader but when it comes to mine attackers stroll into the box. Aggravating.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

Le King wrote: »
    Really liking it now. Took 3 games to get a good hold of possession but now I'm improving greatly holding the ball. The game suits my attacking style much better as button mashers are easily avoided now with the extra onus on defending.

Cleverley is class in the game. Really impressed with the revamped career mode.

Haven't got the game yet :( But just wondering what's revamped in the season mode?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

derv wrote: »

WTF?

I'm playing CM as Man City and the first thing I did with Tevez was sell him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Big problem for me with the new online system is getting club teams playing against international teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Never really bothered with the Ultimate team team but am thinking about giving it a go, Can someone explain to me exactly what it is and if its worth playing ?

Im just gona sign up and give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Brother bought this for me today won't be able to play it until tomorrow wondering are the late transfers done & are their many more player likenesses eg Suarez,Hamsik & Carroll

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Paully D wrote: »
    Big problem for me with the new online system is getting club teams playing against international teams.

Yeah, I got Germany and Spain so far out of the three matches I've played online.

I don't really mind it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

FYG wrote: »
    Yeah, I got Germany and Spain so far out of the three matches I've played online.

I don't really mind it though.

It drives me insane :pac:

I was Sunderland and got Ireland - I still won, but having two John O'Shea's etc playing for different teams in the same game does my head in!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

good game but there's lot of annoying/glitches in it.

1: my arena player is my be a pro but nearly all the time after a head to head season match online, i get kaka in a man utd jersey as my arena player!!! leaving me to have to change it back:confused:

2: whats with the centre backs standing so far apart from each other leaving the striker in the middle free only to turn around and have a free run at goal!:confused:

3: computer A.I its like playing chess against a pro, when it is on world class or legendary its nearly impossible, the computer predicts your every move as if its 2 steps ahead of you...

4: the picking of teams before you enter a ranked match, i mean its a joke some teams that are the same star as others are without a doubt better than them i.e spurs (5 star) vs barca (5 star), this will lead to people picking the likes of barca, united, madrid etc 99.9 per cent of the time which is a joke.

5. the 30 second rule when in a private match against a friend that you have to pick your team etc stupid and pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Played another few games. Absolutely hate it!! Sick I am.

Was gonna give FIFA 11 away 2moro for free but I reckon I'll hang on now.

Can't believe EA have made such a drastic change from 11.

i.e spurs (5 star) vs barca (5 star)

I thought Spurs were 4.5 stars?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Have to say i'm loving the head to head season :)

• Advertisement

Away for the weekend so I can't check, but I'm assuming you can still play ranked head-to-head matches with friends?

Like are "game lobbies" still in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

FYG wrote: »
    I thought Spurs were 4.5 stars?

no mate there 5! there are no 4.5 star english teams!!

thats another thing to add to my list the ranking of certain teams and players !, gareth bale is 86 come of it the fu*k bullsh*t.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I've been playing career mode the last two days. I took a break at about 5, saved it, but I came back now and when I go into Continue Career or to the latest save and load it, my squad is all messed up. There are reserve players in the first XI in random positions (eg. Striker in goal) and it seems about 10 of my players have vanished, theres just a load of number 10's where their names should be. The players who disappeared show up in the statistics section but instead of the club crest it has their country crest.

Tried to take a pic there, but now it keeps freezing when I try to scroll down through my squad.

Anyone else have issue?

Ahhh I'm quite loving the game :D Impact engine is good :D

Having no trouble scoring goals, conceding alot though.

Half way through my season with man utd and I've scored 30 and conceded 38 :P

Just lost 5-4 to Fulham :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

yea so once you master the defensive system its the exact same as fifa11! got bored pretty fast and have now switched to manual, fúck its hard to score but at least I dont get filled with frustration and rage every time I lose like I did in normal fifa!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

James__10 wrote: »
    Have to say i'm loving the head to head season :)

Same here. My defense is not the best but somehow I've managed to get promoted 5 times in 5 seasons. Divisions 10, 9 and 8 were a breeze, was scoring like 4 or 5 goals in each game and only conceding a few.

But divisions 7 and 6 were frustating as hell. So many times I'd go 2 up, only to finish the game 2 - 2 or even lose 3 -2 :( It's getting seriously harder but I enjoy the challenge :P

Can't wait to get home later and play this online again! Only managed a few games on Friday before heading away for the weekend! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

This games just awful..Have the hang of it winning games quite easily but this whole buisness of ur opponent run turn,turn,turn turn back again ahhhh doing my head in.Also wats up with ur players my 2 strikers on a free kick or something end up lying on the ground flapping around like 2 f**kin fish just awful i say..:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Just played an online Head to Head match and chunk of the pitch was just black. The area behind one of the goals and at one corner were the same.

028_4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

i see rage-quitters are back with avengance ha, have played 2 online games and 2 quitters

Advertisement