Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Desire. wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me, but I think there is a massive difference between the gameplay in FIFA 10 and FIFA 11.

It's really not just you, millions I'm sure would agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Desire. wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me, but I think there is a massive difference between the gameplay in FIFA 10 and FIFA 11.

no its not just you but it works vice versa aswell there's plenty of us who think it is the same, there's been no proper jaw dropping improvements just tweeks and turns to the exact same game, same visuals, crappy servers, same engine and similar gameplay no matter what EA say, same money grabbing games modes.

we need someone new to come along a knock fifa and pes of there perch maybe that will give them the incentive to makes some decent improvements.
    You do realize the game has months left in development? This is a teaser, it doesn't outline every new feature in the game or represent the final product. It's merely to show us a glimpse of what they are working on.

And I am most definiltey not a fanboy, I was an ISS/PES fan for years before I moved to FIFA when it started slipping up. I go with which ever is the better football game, and for me that's FIFA at the moment.

What more do you want them to add it, the principles of football haven't changed since the first games were developed, you pass, shoot and tackle. They can't make up new features, it's a football sim

ye and that glimpse looks the exact same as fifa 11, your a fool to think there adding features over the next few months they are just polishing it up now and wont be adding anything this is EA your talking about.

i think most people including myself were pes fans until fifa took the lead and since then they have been lazy and its all money with them, EA are lucky they have fifa for the licenses or else they would be found out by a lot more people.

what more do i want? ye its a football sim but there's loads you could include

* strength is everything in fifa, it should be balanced with speed i.e this is why ronaldo is way better and more effective than messi in the game.

* on the subject of messi, he's totally ineffective for his stats and dont say its because you cant use him, he is the best player in the world and he is bolloxed after the 70 min aswell as getting brushed of the ball too easy.

* keepers, you cant challenge them for corners or crosses, they run like penguins on speed.

* the volley system is beyond stupid, you cant hit a decent volley in it.

* the 30 second time peroid you have to set up your formation and line up even in private games.

* the sh*t servers and connections and lag.

* career mode becoming boring after a season, why cant you edit your kit at the end of the season or try and get anyone you want on loan.

etc etc etc i could go on all day, EA are lazy when it comes to fifa end of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

EA are lazy when it comes to fifa end of.

And konami aren't? Name one good feature or major leap konami have made in the past 4-5 years? I cant anyway! FIFA is a good game, a few niggles, but its still great craic with mates.

Tinie wrote: »
    And konami aren't? Name one good feature or major leap konami have made in the past 4-5 years? I cant anyway! FIFA is a good game, a few niggles, but its still great craic with mates.

hold up sucka and il bust a knowledge clip in ya punk ass :D.

am i suppose to be defending konami here or something i dont get it?:confused:

for the record tinie i think konami are even worse they never adapted to the next gen consoles with pes, iv stopped playing pes years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Any word on what type of Kinect support will be included in the XBox version?
    I presume (hope) that it won't be that you play the full match like that, but here are some random guesses
    - Be a Pro Keeper (not much running to do, so could work)
    - Arena Mode: Free Kicks, Penalties, etc.?
    - Probably an extra minigame, like on the Wii?
    - Manager Mode: Standing on the sidelines, gesturing like a mad man telling your players to mark up, etc.
    - Getting booked for dissent when the ref makes a dodgy call and you scream obscenities at the Telly and the Kinect mics pick it up :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

* strength is everything in fifa, it should be balanced with speed i.e this is why ronaldo is way better and more effective than messi in the game.

* on the subject of messi, he's totally ineffective for his stats and dont say its because you cant use him, he is the best player in the world and he is bolloxed after the 70 min aswell as getting brushed of the ball too easy.
    not if you use him right
    * keepers, you cant challenge them for corners or crosses, they run like penguins on speed.
    True thats something that needs to be looked at
    * the volley system is beyond stupid, you cant hit a decent volley in it.
    they've apparently fixed that
    * the 30 second time peroid you have to set up your formation and line up even in private games.
    True
    * the sh*t servers and connections and lag.
    they're fixing that apparently
    * career mode becoming boring after a season, why cant you edit your kit at the end of the season or try and get anyone you want on loan.
    Licensing with the clubs is the issue there not EA
    etc etc etc i could go on all day, EA are lazy when it comes to fifa end of.
    :rolleyes: yep they're lazy they've only improved the game year after year since 07. i wish they were as lazy with madden and NBA

Just in case anyone doesn't know already, Clive Tyldesley has been announced to replace Andy Gray as commentator in FIFA 12
    After Tom and UltimateFIFA brought you the news that sources close to EA SPORTS had described infamous football pundit Andy Gray’s FIFA commentary career as “over”. Today we found out who would be part of the team replacing him. Clive Tyldesley has let slip on his official Twitter account that he’s currently working on this year’s FIFA 12 commentary script but he isn’t exactly over the moon…
    Clive_Twitter.jpg
    Charming…
    Let’s be honest we all knew Andy Gray would face the chop but this news surely means that his trusty side kick Martin Tyler has also been axed, you can’t have two commentary anchors now can you?

Who could Clives partner be? Townsend? Lawro? Neville?
    Link

E3: FIFA 12 Interview with David Rutter

FIFA 12 - E3 2011 Presentation (EA Sports)

I never knew Lil Wayne and Drake were such big 'soccerball' fans! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

NUTZZ wrote: »

Who partnered him in the fifa 10 download where it gave ya him and someone else commentating.Or was that fifa 09 ?

Soby wrote: »
    Who partnered him in the fifa 10 download where it gave ya him and someone else commentating.Or was that fifa 09 ?

He and Townsend are the commentators in 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa game, is that the one your on about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

He and Townsend are the commentators in 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa game, is that the one your on about?
    I think he's talking about FIFA 09, as there was an alternate commentary pack that you could download (XBox and PS3) that featured Clive Tyldsley and Andy Townsend.

Since they did the World Cup game as well, I wouldn't be surprised to see them together again for this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

E3: FIFA 12 Interview with David Rutter

YAY! Finally it seems they have got rid of the lobbed through ball going by what hes said in the video there about the heat seeking missile. Hopefully no more people abusing it online anymore!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any news on what improvements there gonna make to career mode/manager mode?

In light of new information Giggs stamina is set to shoot up :P

Any news on what improvements there gonna make to career mode/manager mode?

Here's one snippet of info on it anyway, it was taken form an interview with FIFA 12 Gameplay Producer Aaron McHardy;
    While the manager mode in FIFA is fun to play around with, it pales in comparison to management sims such as Football Manager 20XX. Are there any plans to increase the functionality of the manager mode so it can compete with these sims?

McHardy: Last year we introduced Career Mode and we have major plans for the feature this year. Again, I will have a lot more to share on the feature in the months ahead but what I can tell you now is that Career Mode in FIFA 12 will be driven by the storylines from the real-world of the sport. Elements like player morale, on-pitch form and league position will influence outcomes in the game. Users will face more decisions and factors than ever before, with their consequences being played out on the pitch.

FIFA 12 Q&A with David Rutter | Core Gameplay

FIFA 12 Q&A | Your Wishlist

FIFA 12 Q&A | Visual Presentation

so in other words its the exact same as fifa 11 lol.

tactical defending me arse wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Seen an offer in HMV, if you pre-order FIFA 12, you get 3 Ultimate team gold packs free, for 6 months.

I wonder if Ultimate team is going to be available at launch, so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Player collisions improvement is huge.

Always annoyed me that injuries were kinda random. Now I guess they can design the players body like a car is designed in racing games. Points that weaken with certain impacts/motions.

Also, players with known weak points prone to injury will have a weaker resistance to injury from impacts/frequent motions on that area.

Such a great addition to improve the realism of career mode.

Excited. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

koHd wrote: »
    Player collisions improvement is huge.

Always annoyed me that injuries were kinda random. Now I guess they can design the players body like a car is designed in racing games. Points that weaken with certain impacts/motions.

Also, players with known weak points prone to injury will have a weaker resistance to injury from impacts/frequent motions on that area.

Such a great addition to improve the realism of career mode.

Excited. :D

GTFO Rutter.......:p

• Advertisement

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    GTFO Rutter.......:p

I have no idea what a rutter is...but I'll take it as a compliment ;)

Life is easier that way heh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

koHd wrote: »
    I have no idea what a rutter is...but I'll take it as a compliment ;)

Life is easier that way heh

he's the lead fifa producer, and he is full of shhh......

hell, in one of those Q+A videos, he said he believes the fifa 11 servers are great, what the hell!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

So you won't be buying FIFA12, then?

It was worrying to hear him say the FIFA 11 servers are "great". Holy f*cking sh*t on a stick.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    he's the lead fifa producer, and he is full of shhh......

hell, in one of those Q+A videos, he said he believes the fifa 11 servers are great, what the hell!?

haha makes more sense to me now :)

I didn't watch those vids above. I saw the player collision tech demo on a game site.

It really is something I've always wished they had in the game, but figured the technology wasn't quite up to par. With the amount of players on the field, creating car-like points of ware for all of them would take a lot of CPU power to keep track of and use in a meaningful way. But it seems the CPU was up to it for the last five years, considering it'll be on five year old consoles!

So either they were too lazy to implement it, or nobody thought of it. But glad it's getting in at last.

The things that excite me, eh! :)

tactical defending me arse wait for it.

Thats fine by me as long as they sort out clubs,do a few tweaks to online game play and stuff like through balls and such.

EA Reveals New FIFA 12 Impact Engine Details
    EA Sports have released a new trailer for Fifa 12’s Impact Engine to show off how it will change the game.

Not only does it seemingly solve the clipping issues on Fifa but hopefully it will sort out some of the annoyances with tackling. EA certainly liked showing the flaws of Fifa 11 to show off 12’s new engine let’s hope Fifa 12 doesn’t create its own flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Nutzz do you work for ea??

Yea that new vid on impacts is the one I saw. It really does look impressive. And besides looks, it really will impact gameplay in career mode with more realistic injuries.

joe123 wrote: »
    Nutzz do you work for ea??

Nope, but I use to work for Konami! :p

• Advertisement

Nope, but I use to work for Konami! :p

on pes?

do you think pes will ever make a return to the glory days of the ps2 where it was hands down better than fifa?

Advertisement